DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quality drone

Dont think i will ever sell my mpp its a great drone and picture quality is perfect plus ive bought every accessorie for it i think ill wait till 20/20 for the mavic zoom 3 when it comes out but will always keep the mpp
You took my thoughts about my mavic pro platinum. I have the same feeling. Not going to sell it. I will keep it until it broke down or until the mavic pro 3 is released. I understand that the camera is not what a professional camera looks like but it's more than enough for what I need to do with it. I don't make money with the drone, I just have fun with it. If in the future I decided to go for the 107 certificate, then I will consider a drone with better camera.

same thought as the others MPP is a wonderful bit of kit i just love mine

You took my thoughts about my mavic pro platinum. I have the same feeling. Not going to sell it. I will keep it until it broke down or until the mavic pro 3 is released. I understand that the camera is not what a professional camera looks like but it's more than enough for what I need to do with it. I don't make money with the drone, I just have fun with it. If in the future I decided to go for the 107 certificate, then I will consider a drone with better camera.
Ive bought the googles to go with it , you do actually feel like a bird flying with the on and coming back and to see yourself in the distance getting closer and closer it does feel like an outer body experience

Ive bought the googles to go with it , you do actually feel like a bird flying with the on and coming back and to see yourself in the distance getting closer and closer it does feel like an outer body experience
What goggles do you have? I always wanted to buy one to feel the experience.

Reactions: old man mavic
U can control the camera with your head look down camera moves down look left camera moves left , you can also control the drone with your head but i dont think ill risk it haha
Sounds like a lot of fun. I saw a refurbished one from DJI for $249 dollars. I will take a look.

Reactions: built4thekil
Dont think i will ever sell my mpp its a great drone and picture quality is perfect plus ive bought every accessorie for it i think ill wait till 20/20 for the mavic zoom 3 when it comes out but will always keep the mpp
I totally agree, I also have the MPP. I also bought the Mavic 2 Zoom. I said to myself when the M2Z enters my life I was going to sell the Mavic Pro Platinum but I noticed it was a well made everything perfect about it, I decided to keep it

I agree, I have 6 batteries, chargers, hard cases etc.

Flown mine over 1200km with no issues. A mate has the 2 Pro, batteries are $au250 each instead of $au120, it's bigger, heavier, nothing I have will fit it. Sure, the camera has a better dynamic range etc (some photos below are HDR 10 shots. 0.6 EV bracketed is not enough).

It's nice, but I'll wait for the 3 Pro. I'm very happy with the photos!

View attachment 67008IMG_20190308_184242_487.jpegIMG_20190309_185729_251.jpegIMG_20190310_205130_012.jpegIMG_20190310_205255_270.jpegIMG_20190313_102539_634.jpegIMG_20190305_154816_500.jpegIMG-49bd17b432d2cee01937354a9979a2ce-V.jpegIMG-6d0b6131e712a8735b67075b1a0610bb-V.jpegIMG-6d842fa6c34139fa087f5484185d3030-V.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_20190310_205428_811.jpeg
    IMG_20190310_205428_811.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 20
And great fun too!
Remember that to be legal when you fly with goggles in the U.S. you will need a spotter if you want to comply with currently enforced FAA VLOS regs.
But the experience is awesome!

I agree, 1000%.... When I ordered the Mavic 2 Zoom I thought I was going to sell my Mavic PRO Platinum but then it hit me, I thought to myself,,, WOW, Am I crazy.... the Mavic P Platinum is one quality butt kicking camera drone, the quality hi resolution in this drone is outstanding,, I mean the images and video that is produced by this bird is outstanding...and also it flies perfectly also...I'm keeping it....

I agree, I have 6 batteries, chargers, hard cases etc.

Flown mine over 1200km with no issues. A mate has the 2 Pro, batteries are $au250 each instead of $au120, it's bigger, heavier, nothing I have will fit it. Sure, the camera has a better dynamic range etc (some photos below are HDR 10 shots. 0.6 EV bracketed is not enough).

It's nice, but I'll wait for the 3 Pro. I'm very happy with the photos!

View attachment 67008View attachment 67009View attachment 67010View attachment 67011View attachment 67013View attachment 67012View attachment 67014View attachment 67016View attachment 67017View attachment 67018
They are some quality photos you took mate , i could go out and buy the mp2 but i thought its like the phones every year they upgrade and most of the time its not much difference i used to buy every year but i wait two to three years now before upgrading so youll notice a big difference

Thanks!

It depends. If the histogram is showing a very wide spread, then I'll shift the histogram to the left and shoot 5 AEB then move the HIstogram to the right so thete is some clipped highlights showinv and shoot another 5 AEB.

In LR I'll delete any duplicate exposures and any with exposures that are close then Merge to HDR.

I have tried by selecting highest, lowest and middle exposures, with different EV's along with different combinations. This approach seems to work for me.

Merging with PS I sometimes do if LR has an issue with alignment.

I allways shoot in Tripod mode. Litchi has Tripod mode button on the main screen, so it's easy to just tap it.

Happy to chat anytime.
Do you mean you took 10 shots manually?

Amazing pics

Ahh ok. Always good to learn new things. I always thought the 5 AEB set its own range of pics. I didn’t realise you could trigger this at each end of the histogram. I’ll definately be playing with this.

Hi, as long as your in manual. I have a 256Gzb card in the MPP so storage is no issue. If I'm OS, or a shot I don't think I can get again I'll shoot 5AEB at low range, 5 in the middle and 5 at the high end. It's a real overkill, I admit, but it gives me plenty of options. The photos below I took at sunrise in Thailand 4 weeks ago. There was not much color in reality. By shooting a wide range I had more options in post.

I only use LR (PS if I have alignment or need to fix a warped pano). I can never get LR noise reduction dialed in. Try 'AI Clear' by Topaz Labs. I export from LR in ProRGB colour as an uncompressed TIFF. Then into topaz labs, run AI Clear and save in sRGB at 100%. Then run the JPG through a tool called JPEGmini. You can run JPEGmini from Lightroom if your happy with the noise reduction.

This workflow works for me, and I'm used to it now. Same workflow on my MacBook Pro and my windows desktop.

Oh, I also use a Spyder5pro to calibrate by screens. If I get a chance before I take off, I take a photo of a Whibal card and a colorchecker passport. I do the same when using my DSLR.

Happy to chat, I'm in southern Sydney.
Ahh ok. Always good to learn new things. I always thought the 5 AEB set its own range of pics. I didn’t realise you could trigger this at each end of the histogram. I’ll definately be playing with this.
FB_IMG_1553956815161.jpegFB_IMG_1553956784663.jpeg

I really enjoying my Platinum, and flight, wise, with the master airscrew props, it’s almost everything I could want in a drone. But I have to admit I’m really disappointed in the camera, it just doesn’t pick up colors good.
When I first got it in Feb I posted about the white balance being off and after reading the responses realized the exposure needed adjusting. That helped, but the pics have just never been that good. I reset the camera to default settings but still the color is really lacking. My Spark I had before had better pics too.
I just the past few days started thinking maybe even though I got a good drone itself, it came with a camera that doesn’t work to well or has something wrong with it.
Has anyone ever had that happen?
After reading these comments and seeing these pics I’m convinced something isn’t right with the camera.

Last edited:
I went to PolarPro filters for my MPP. That solved it for me along with using manual settings for exposure and stops. Mostly aim for frame rates of 24-30 and exposures 50-60. Most of my shooting is with ND 8 and 16, if I want to see into clear water, like a reef, etc I go to polarized. I was learning with the MPP and have 8 filters... I love this hobby, but it can be a money pit! ;)

I really enjoying my Platinum, and flight, wise, with the master airscrew props, it’s almost everything I could want in a drone. But I have to admit I’m really disappointed in the camera, it just doesn’t pick up colors good.
When I first got it in Feb I posted about the white balance being off and after reading the responses realized the exposure needed adjusting. That helped, but the pics have just never been that good. I reset the camera to default settings but still the color is really lacking. My Spark I had before had better pics too.
I just the past few days started thinking maybe even though I got a good drone itself, it came with a camera that doesn’t work to well or has something wrong with it.
Has anyone ever had that happen?
After reading these comments and seeing these pics I’m convinced something isn’t right with the camera.
No ive never had a problem with the camera, youve got a micro sd u3 card in it ? U3 is 4k recording, dont know your exact problem so just throwing ideas out there

Reactions: mavicsupersonic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS