DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quality image size

I have a Mavic Pro 2, what is the largest photo print size that will maintain a high quality photo?
Define, "HQ" to you. 300ppi, 150, even 72ppi? Is it the hairs on the leaf you want to see or the leaf itself? Some printers my not even print the hairs. (Using a Metaphor here) Finding a good HQ printer that can reproduce an good image is your first task, not the file IMHO. We have 2 Ebson 10000 here that can print out Maya and Lightwave rendered art @ 72ppi spectacularly, freaky good! You can blow up that 20mp file 200% and still be good with some printers...not all.
I would imagine that I could print that full width around 41" assuming your shooting 3x2. When your going to a larger print people tend to view the print at 4', 6' 10' away (or more) so the hairs on the leaf are not that important. Find yourself a good printhouse (engineering group maybe) Print small chunks of different sizes and ppi, if it looks good to you that's all that matters. Shy away from the mathematicians in all this, there are great printers out there that fools them every time lol

Reactions: Porky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zantuna