DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quality issues brand new Air 2s

Miob

Reactions
I picked up my Air 2s last week. For me it's an upgrade from the original Mavic pro. (although I find having to switch form the DJI Go4 app to the DJI Fly app to be a massive downgrade). I used it twice and had the following issues:
- The DJI Fly app would only install on my phone after about 10 tries?
- The USB-C to USB-C cable in the remote is severely twisted near the plug that goes in my phone. There is no way this cable will work for a few years
- There is dirt on the sensor (definetly not the filter or lens). You can clearly see it on the panorama below

All in all I expected a bit better for the amount of money you have to pay.

• Wow
Reactions: SFC117
You have a dust particle on your sensor. I would return the drone to the shop where you picked it up. I suspect you got a used before and/or repaired drone. As for your cable: was it twisted right out the package, that would underline my suspicion your dealing with a repaired/used before drone.

Reactions: Capt KO and Order66
You have a dust particle on your sensor. I would return the drone to the shop where you picked it up. I suspect you got a used before and/or repaired drone. As for your cable: was it twisted right out the package, that would underline my suspicion your dealing with a repaired/used before drone.
I understand where you are coming from, but it was sealed in plastic and besides, it's an air 2s.... It having been used would be nearly impossible.

I emailed the store. I cab pick up a new one on Wednesday. I am really happy they are not sending it in for repair and make me wait.

I understand where you are coming from, but it was sealed in plastic and besides, it's an air 2s.... It having been used would be nearly impossible.

I emailed the store. I cab pick up a new one on Wednesday. I am really happy they are not sending it in for repair and make me wait.

That's a great result and good of the shop to sort you out like that. Fingers crossed for the replacement!

The dark particle appears in some pictures, not all of them for me. I have included two pictures with the transparent black dot, and one without it. I didn't take any chances so I returned the drone as well, for a replacement. Don't look too hard and you should be able to see them within the red circle that I drew.

Attachments

• DJI_0134.jpg
    DJI_0134.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 52
  • DJI_0247_1.jpg
    DJI_0247_1.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 52
  • DJI_0293.JPG
    DJI_0293.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
The dark particle appears in some pictures, not all of them for me. I have included two pictures with the transparent black dot, and one without it. I didn't take any chances so I returned the drone as well, for a replacement. Don't look too hard and you should be able to see them within the red circle that I drew.
It’s there in all the pics you posted although less obvious in the 0293 image.

try cleaning the dried condensation from lens and covers

Reactions: SFC117
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett