DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quality of Mavic 2 photos

alifeofimages

Reactions
I have had my Mavic 2 pro for a month now and I am really struggling to get good photos and video with it. My Mavic Platinum pictures and video were much better. I upgraded party because of the Haselbland camera. Wondering if there is an issue with it or is anybody else having the same issues?

Mavic pro platinium
B16C1ECB-11ED-4089-9FDA-B859BC011E16.jpeg

Mavic Pro 2

14774793-D73A-48FC-B81F-6223EB8CE4EA.jpegThese are taken from the cache. I appreciate full images are on the SD card but still much more noise than the top image.

Regards
Adam

If you care at all about photo quality you wouldn't even be looking at the photos in the cache.

Copy the video and image files from the memory card in the aircraft to your computer. I think you'll be surprised. And, shoot in RAW format whenever possible. The M2P is capable of MUCH better images and video than your Platinum...no offense.

"And, shoot in RAW format whenever possible. "

Only if you are post editing.

You can post edit JPG files also.. While not as versatile as RAW files, They will respond nicely to various forms of correction.

Reactions: ff22
If someone cares enough about photo quality to spend $1,500 on a new drone they should be doing some amount of post-processing.
That is up to them. It does not appear he is and the M2P takes great JPG photos.

It does not appear he is and the M2P takes great JPG photos.

It does not appear he is what? He stated he upgraded from the Mavic Pro Platinum for the better camera, and his user name is alifeofimages, so he clearly cares about picture quality enough that he should be editing his photos.

But at this point it doesn't look like he's going to reply to this thread, so it probably doesn't matter.

It does not appear he is what? He stated he upgraded from the Mavic Pro Platinum for the better camera, and his user name is alifeofimages, so he clearly cares about picture quality enough that he should be editing his photos.
On the other hand, he's posted cached preview images to show what he perceives to be a problem.
That's not what you'd expect from someone that knows something about image quality.

On the other hand, he's posted cached preview images to show what he perceives to be a problem.
That's not what you'd expect from someone that knows something about image quality.

You're right. He seems to care about quality but doesn't seem to know what he's doing. It's too bad the OP seems to have abandoned the thread. We'd probably be able to help him.

When DJI first started selling M2P and M2Z i bought both. I had P4P and it took sharp pics but the M2P did not no matter what I done it just would not take sharp pics. The M2Z takes sharp pics. I returned the M2P but kept the Zoom.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore