DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about DJI return process

kodiak1120

Reactions
I bought a Mavic that has soft focus on the left side. I contacted DJI via chat, within the 14 day return period, and requested a return. The CSR opened a case for me and told me I would get an email with additional instructions. I got the email yesterday. It states:

We apologize for the experience you have had with your product. DJI of North America would like to assist with the refund/exchange process.

Your case number is: CAS-XXXXXX-XXXXXX 

If you're located in domestic America and Canada, where UPS can reach to, we'll send you a shipping label within 2 business days.

If you're not located in the areas that DJI covers for shipping, please ship your unit to the following address by yourself. All costs generated during shipping will be covered by yourself.

17301 Edwards road,Cerritos, CA 90703

The steps you must take to properly ship your product in are listed below.

Note: Failure to complete any steps below may cause delays in your repair, and could require our logistics team to ship your product back without repair service provided.

1. Items can only be exchanged for the same model type of your product, upgrading or downgrading your purchase is not possible.

2. Returned items not meeting the criteria above or the criteria listed at

After-Sales Service Policies - DJI will not qualify for a refund or exchange.

3. Please download the form by clicking on this link

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dji-www/up...hnical+Support+Form+For+End+Users+Edited.docx

We ask you complete the attached form in its entirety. We require all fields on the form to be filled with the necessary information before returning it back to us for processing.

4. Once we receive your reply, we will review your forms and verify if it qualifies for a return.

5. Any product returned for a refund or exchange that does not include all original accessories, attachments and packaging, cannot be processed.

6. DJI does not provide refunds for third party dealers, only purchases made through the DJI Online Store, Newegg and Amazon DJI Flag Storequalify for refund.

7. Items returned in retail packaging with shipping label attached will not be processed for refund or exchange. All items must be secured within separate packaging acceptable for transport.

Please note: For your protection please do not send any sensitive information, including credit card numbers, via email. This e-mail address is not secured to receive credit card information. Any credit card information received through this e-mail address will be destroyed upon receipt. We apologize for the inconvenience; your protection is our priority.

If you have any questions (DO NOT REPLY THIS EMAIL), please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Tel: +1 (818) 235 0789
Email: [email protected]
Online Support: DJI Support - All Products

Thank you for choosing DJI.

Best Regards,
DJI Support

I filled out the form, but I don't know what to do with it. It says to "return" it to them and they will determine if the order qualifies for a refund, but I don't know how to return it to them. The email says not to respond to the email, so how do I get them the completed form? Do I include it with my drone? So confused. Here's the part I'm referring to:

3. Please download the form by clicking on this link

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dji-www/up...hnical+Support+Form+For+End+Users+Edited.docx

We ask you complete the attached form in its entirety. We require all fields on the form to be filled with the necessary information before returning it back to us for processing.

4. Once we receive your reply, we will review your forms and verify if it qualifies for a return.

Also, the last part says, "items returned in retail packaging with shipping label attached will not be processed for refund or exchange. All items must be secured within separate packaging acceptable for transport." I can't use the box it came in to ship it back to them?

I'm at work and I can't chat with DJI to ask them directly.

All the info you need is right in that email? What exactly don't you understand?

I bought a Mavic that has soft focus on the left side. I contacted DJI via chat, within the 14 day return period, and requested a return. The CSR opened a case for me and told me I would get an email with additional instructions. I got the email yesterday. It states:

I filled out the form, but I don't know what to do with it. It says to "return" it to them and they will determine if the order qualifies for a refund, but I don't know how to return it to them. The email says not to respond to the email, so how do I get them the completed form? Do I include it with my drone? So confused. Here's the part I'm referring to:

Also, the last part says, "items returned in retail packaging with shipping label attached will not be processed for refund or exchange. All items must be secured within separate packaging acceptable for transport." I can't use the box it came in to ship it back to them?

If you're in the US or Canada send the form to: [email protected] - make sure the CAS number is in there. If you're not in Canada/US then ask that address where to send it.

Don't worry about the 14 days. This issue is a defect under warranty. I returned my MP after about 5 weeks and got a new one back. That one had the same issue so sent that one back too. They sent another brand new MP. The camera on that one is fine.

The "retail packaging" is not shipping material. It just means that you can put it in the retail packaging and then put that inside a sturdier shipping box.

All the info you need is right in the post I posted. What exactly don't you understand?

If you're in the US or Canada send the form to: [email protected] - make sure the CAS number is in there. If you're not in Canada/US then ask that address where to send it.

Don't worry about the 14 days. This issue is a defect under warranty. I returned my MP after about 5 weeks and got a new one back. That one had the same issue so sent that one back too. They sent another brand new MP. The camera on that one is fine.

The "retail packaging" is not shipping material. It just means that you can put it in the retail packaging and then put that inside a sturdier shipping box.

Thanks. I was confused about where/how to send the form back to them. That email, [email protected], is the same email address this email came from, which says at the bottom not to "respond to it." That's why I was confused.

The 14 day part is relevant because I want a refund and not an exchange.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake