DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about jitter

JMHaro

Reactions
Hey, got a question. I'm still a newbie at flying this, but I just did my first waypoint mission (which I was using Litchi to do so).
This was to record just a segment of my Christmas Light show just to see how well it would pick up the lights.
The flight went just as I was hoping, but at the very end when it should have just stopped and stayed in one place, the video shows several 'jitters' in the video. I would have thought it might be an auto focus issue but normally when I've seen that in low light conditions it's usually jumping from focus to blurred. This just seems to be a shift in the video. If you can look at this video go to the very end (it's not that long) when it comes down to about the ground level, that's when it gets the jitters several times at the end.

https://youtu.be/Jo3meFkc7cg

I would appreciate any feedback or I can look at any settings that you might suggest.

Thanks,
John,

Reactions: Capellan
I'm no expert but it looks like a mechanical wobble to me, not sure why though, if it was windy it would have shifted more. Beyond my pay grade, it could be small power surges, a motor that needs cleaning...anything...hopefully someone else can help out. Nice lights by the way. I'm thinking of taking some night flights of Xmas lights, do you have to do anything to the video camera to get the results you got, really nice picture.

As to the jitter .... not sure.
I'd recommend manual focus for low light, tho. Can see the focus change.
It can be set just once for a scene like that.

Thanks both. Hopefully I get some other responses, but I will try it again with the focus set to manual. I'm not sure what it was set to, so need to check it. Alexb77, I don't remember setting anything special within Litchi, but when I get home, I'll take a look and let you know what settings I had on it. I did like the way it turned out, thanks. I'm actually going to use part of that video for a lead-in segment for my recordings of each of my animated songs. But for my recordings of the songs, I'm actually going to have to stay with a GoPro since my lights actually cover 2 houses and the Mavic view width isn't wide enough to view both houses. But I'm thinking of using it for some higher view shots that I'll overlay onto the GoPro videos. If anything comes out well, I might post here for my first 'actual' true video usage of the mavic.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke