DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about Litchi Waypoints

jpedersm

Reactions
I just got a Mavic and all of a sudden since I can fly these micro drones real good my wife thinks I will be an expert at the Mavic and taking videos right away and told her sister we can do her gender reveal this weekend with it. Today was the first flight and I can move it just fine but I'm find issues with keeping everything steady right now. Between looking at the Mavic LOS and looking at what I am seeing on the phone there is little jerky movements. I was looking at some videos via the waypoints on the DJI go app but it states you need to be above 10 m witch the location I am flying is below and it also looked like it did not go exactly were they guy placed the way point. I know with Litchi you can do stuff via a map, but since the location I want to do is over a small creak bed is there a way wile flying to set waypoint markers with the litchi app on the exact locations I want instead of on a map?

Sorry I am not familiar with litchi, but drone harmony mission planner is free, maybe because its in beta, but with that one you can use manual mode, fly to positions and then take a photo, then next position, take photo, and it will make waypoints from that photo path, then smooth the path, then upload path to drone for playback. Just make sure your finger is ready on the pause button when you play back, sometimes the smoothing is not what you might expect if there are obstacles close by.

Thank you Pathogen, I am going to wait to see if someone comments about the Litchi app. What you describe is what I want to do, but with the creak bed there is some branches that hang over. I would just get the Litchi app but for $25 dollars and not sure if the function I want will work or not is making me wait and hopefully find out some more info.

You have to realize that all waypoint mission app's use Latitude/Longitude to
mark there waypoints.

The GPS is not that accurate to fly in tight spaces as they could and will be
off by 10 to 20 feet from where you marked the waypoints.

Use caution and get ready to abort and take over manually.

Yes and also with drone harmony, the waypoints you make by taking photos are accurate positionally, but the curve it makes between those waypoints are unknown until you fly. I almost trashed my mavic not understanding this at first.

Yes and also with drone harmony, the waypoints you make by taking photos are accurate positionally, but the curve it makes between those waypoints are unknown until you fly. I almost trashed my mavic not understanding this at first.

Hi Pathogen,

Yes you need to watch out as the computed smooth flight plan connects your recorded waypoint with curves, which are not identical with what you have flown manually. It is best to review the computed flight plan in 3d as well as in 2d to get an idea if the plan is safe in terms of obstacles or not. Also the the gps signal positioning can vary over time, which can also result in inaccuracies when you re-fly a mission. From my experience the gps inaccuracy is less than 1.5 meters (horizontally).

So regardless with what application you fly, always be ready to take over the drone (by switching the sports mode, which works with all applications).

Best regards,
DH Team

I just got a Mavic and all of a sudden since I can fly these micro drones real good my wife thinks I will be an expert at the Mavic and taking videos right away and told her sister we can do her gender reveal this weekend with it. Today was the first flight and I can move it just fine but I'm find issues with keeping everything steady right now. Between looking at the Mavic LOS and looking at what I am seeing on the phone there is little jerky movements. I was looking at some videos via the waypoints on the DJI go app but it states you need to be above 10 m witch the location I am flying is below and it also looked like it did not go exactly were they guy placed the way point. I know with Litchi you can do stuff via a map, but since the location I want to do is over a small creak bed is there a way wile flying to set waypoint markers with the litchi app on the exact locations I want instead of on a map?

I don't have a Mavic yet (waiting on the Platinum to ship) but I have many MANY hours with Litchi on my phantoms and Inspire AC. You can set waypoints and Point Of Interest from the AC while flying using the C1 and C2 buttons.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird