DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about Litchi

NickDjuk

Reactions
Hey guys,
I recently just got my hands on a Mavic Pro and I'm loving it! I have a quick question about Litchi that I'm having trouble finding an answer for without buying the app.

I want to be able to program a flight mission to say take off, fly to 10m altitude point gimbal at 45 degrees, take photo, then fly up 10m, forward 5 metres, point gimbal 35 degrees, take another photo and so on.

Is this possible in Litchi to any extent? Or is there a better app out there?

Cheers

Nick

Hey guys,
I recently just got my hands on a Mavic Pro and I'm loving it! I have a quick question about Litchi that I'm having trouble finding an answer for without buying the app.

I want to be able to program a flight mission to say take off, fly to 10m altitude point gimbal at 45 degrees, take photo, then fly up 10m, forward 5 metres, point gimbal 35 degrees, take another photo and so on.

Cheers

Nick

Yes you can do this with Litchi. Read about "interpolate".

Awesome! Thanks very much! Just read up on it and it sounds like the feature I'm looking for so all I've got to do now is get the app and test it out!

Thanks again for your speedy reply, much appreciated!

Nick

Be aware, I've had to start jumping through hoops with the DJI app before loading Litchi, or else I can't go higher than 98'.. This just started a few days ago..

I'm having the same problem with Litchi limiting my altitude to 98 feet. I'm new to the software but for the life of me I can't find any setting the is causing the 98' ceiling limit. (Max altitude is configured to 400 feet.)

Also having issues with Waypoints failing due to exceeding radius limit.

Any thoughts or ideas? (Mavic Pro / Android)

Thanks.

1. Start the RC
  2. open DJI (if litchi auto-opens, go to settings and clear the defaults
  3. after DJI is open, I've been going back to the home screen, not sure if you can just close it.
  4. then I shut the RC off
  5. turn the RC back on
  6. open Litchi

Then I can fly above 98'.. I have to do this procedure every time I turn on my Mavic after being shut off.

Reactions: Osh-Ba-Gosh
Thanks jimmybbq for the workaround. I'll give it a try today. (Is this just a software bug in this version or should I expect to live with this preflight ritual when using Litchi?)

Also, do you think this will solve my Waypoints "Mission failed: radius exceeds limit" issue?

I'll post my results later today. Thanks again for the help.

hmm, doesn't sound ideal! Hopefully it's just a temporary bug! What are you using? iOS or Android?

Hey guys,

Cheers

Nick

Or get a better solution, "FPV Camera" comes to mind; as well "AutoPilot" if you want total control

1. Start the RC
  2. open DJI (if litchi auto-opens, go to settings and clear the defaults
  3. after DJI is open, I've been going back to the home screen, not sure if you can just close it.
  4. then I shut the RC off
  5. turn the RC back on
  6. open Litchi
Then I can fly above 98'. I have to do this procedure every time I turn on my Mavic after being shut off.
Just wanted to update my results. It worked!! A bit of a pain to get just right. Litchi had difficulty connecting and DJI Go kept wanting to relaunch (even after changing defaults). But finally, I hit a magic combination of connecting, launching apps, shutting down, etc and Litchi was connected with limits removed. Now, if I can just duplicate this process every time without burning through a battery. Thanks again for help.

I read that you can't have both Litchi and DJI Go4 on the same andriod device. Is that true? I have Litchi on my Galaxy Tab 2 and DJI Go4 on my Galaxy 6 phone, just in case the Litchi doesn't connect, but like to have both on my smaet devices.

The Litchi update for Android came out yesterday (version 4.0.0) and fixed the problem for me. No longer need to open one app then another, etc. Litchi now registers with the DJI server automatically and no more flight restrictions. Here is the "What's New" to go along with yesterday's update:

WHAT'S NEW
- with the latest DJI firmwares, Litchi will automatically activate the application without requiring the user to log in within Litchi or DJI Go
- added support for Phantom 4 Advanced and Matrice 200
- added AutoFocus Continuous mode (AFC) for Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro and X4S
- fixed issue where the RC shutter button would not always use the selected capture mode
- fixed licensing issue
- misc improvements and bug fixes​

Reactions: Soft7 and Budmancan
I read that you can't have both Litchi and DJI Go4 on the same andriod device. Is that true? I have Litchi on my Galaxy Tab 2 and DJI Go4 on my Galaxy 6 phone, just in case the Litchi doesn't connect, but like to have both on my smaet devices.
Yes you can have both; just cannot have both running at the same time.

The Litchi update for Android came out yesterday (version 4.0.0) and fixed the problem for me. No longer need to open one app then another, etc. Litchi now registers with the DJI server automatically and no more flight restrictions. Here is the "What's New" to go along with yesterday's update:

WHAT'S NEW
- with the latest DJI firmwares, Litchi will automatically activate the application without requiring the user to log in within Litchi or DJI Go
- added support for Phantom 4 Advanced and Matrice 200
- added AutoFocus Continuous mode (AFC) for Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro and X4S
- fixed issue where the RC shutter button would not always use the selected capture mode
- fixed licensing issue
- misc improvements and bug fixes​

Awesome... Just tried it.. they fixed it.. :)

Just wanted to update my results. It worked!! A bit of a pain to get just right. Litchi had difficulty connecting and DJI Go kept wanting to relaunch (even after changing defaults). But finally, I hit a magic combination of connecting, launching apps, shutting down, etc and Litchi was connected with limits removed. Now, if I can just duplicate this process every time without burning through a battery. Thanks again for help.
If you remove the default opening in Settings/Applications for Go4 and Litchi then when you connect the USB it should give you a choice, make your choice and click on "just this time only" or something like that. If you always do that it will stop it from trying to open one or the other. Since I use Litchi 99% of the time I don't do that except when I want to change some settings or update firmware using Go4. On both my Shield tablet and Note 4 phone Litchi is more stable and NEVER crashes.

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread but, where can I find a good "tutorial" as to using the Interpolate feature. I've done searches here, but I seem to get confused on what it does and how it does it and can I use it? And the Litchi guide doesn't seem to help.

Thanks in advance.
Chip D - Omaha, Ne

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica