DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about Photos on DJI Fly App

Jgruberman

Reactions
I have been taking photos with the DJI Fly app and the right bumper button, but it seems like every time I disconnect my phone from the drone, the pictures aren't there and I have to reconnect to the drone and manually download them. Is there a setting to automatically download pictures/videos taken to my phone or is the only way to get them by manually clicking the Share/Download button on the top right corner of the screen?

The real photos are on the drone. The ones on the controller are just previews/thumbnails. Unless you have just a few photos it would take ages to move 100's pictures off your Drone to your phone. The pics from my Mavic3 are 43.5 MB each! Videos.. yikes. I don't have that kind of time. ;)

Buy an SD card reader that you can attach to your phone, would be my suggestion, if you don't have a computer.

Reactions: tlswift58
Yes I understand that. My question was if there is a way for the photos that I take to automatically download to my phone's gallery. I don't have an issue removing the SD card and taking the photos off, but I was looking for it to be downloaded automatically.

I think the DJ Fly app has a bug in it. When you go to the Albums, all the videos show up, but none of the photos do for some unknown reason. I've read others complaining about this since they updated the App the last time.

Reactions: Capt KO
I think the DJ Fly app has a bug in it. When you go to the Albums, all the videos show up, but none of the photos do for some unknown reason. I've read others complaining about this since they updated the App the last time.

This has been happening for me since I've had it. So there may be configuration somewhere that I'm missing but I've never been able to get them appear on my device automatically after taking them

Yes I understand that. My question was if there is a way for the photos that I take to automatically download to my phone's gallery. I don't have an issue removing the SD card and taking the photos off, but I was looking for it to be downloaded automatically.
FlyApp settings page. 3 dots in upper right corner of screen. Think it's in the camera tab, but may be in one of the others to sync to device.

Yes that setting appears to be checked already. I still need to go into the Album and Save each one manually by clicking on the Share icon in the upper right corner. Then when I do that, it says "Saved to Album" and I close out of the Sharing options.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202-122852.jpg
    Screenshot_20211202-122852.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 11
Same on my ThxGiving vacation. Back home my FLY pics were not on the sd card only videos. Not on ipad either but found them still in the app album, full resolution thankfully. Christmas card photos so a little panic. All good..but why? All taken on same flight and card not removed until home. Worked before. Give me GO 4.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada