DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about POI mode with DJI GO4

FlyingBliss

Reactions
I need to fly some missions which require video recording during orbital flight with the camera staying focused on the center of the property. This is a clear case for the POI intelligent flight mode with the DJI GO4 app & the M2P. The challenge that I’m running into with this particular job is that the distance between the POI and the orbital flight path (radius) is considerable. I have tried setting the POI, which was confirmed each time I set the POI, and then flying my drone to the proper position to fly the orbital flight path but by the time my M2P reaches the position where I want to start the flight I have “lost” the POI. Is there a radius distance limitation between the POI and the flight path when using DJI GO4? If so, is there any way to circumvent this issue, or do you know of another software platform/APP that doesn’t have this limitation?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

All the best,

Ryan

A POI orbit is probably one of the easiest maneuvers to fly manually. Just apply a small amount of roll in the direction you want to fly, and then hold enough opposite yaw to keep the subject centered in the screen.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
A POI orbit is probably one of the easiest maneuvers to fly manually. Just apply a small amount of roll in the direction you want to fly, and then hold enough opposite yaw to keep the subject centered in the screen.
Agreed, but I was also wondering if there's a way to use POI mode with a large radius to offer more precise data capture (remain exactly the same radius from the center of the property throughout the flight) than hand flying. Video footage also looks more professional when in POI mode than when hand flying over large acreage.

I bet the 3rd party app DroneLink can do it.

I bet the 3rd party app DroneLink can do it.
Thanks for the DroneLink recommendation! I spent yesterday researching this app and watching all of their tutorials and I'm thoroughly impressed with their capabilities. DroneLink seems capable of everything I need and more. Thanks again @dawgpilot I really appreciate the info!

Reactions: dawgpilot
Thanks for the DroneLink recommendation! I spent yesterday researching this app and watching all of their tutorials and I'm thoroughly impressed with their capabilities. DroneLink seems capable of everything I need and more. Thanks again @dawgpilot I really appreciate the info!

Glad I could help. DroneLink is pretty powerful; I still need to work on mastering it myself though. (hopefully DJI releases SDK support for the Mavic Air 2 soon so that DroneLink can add compatibility for my new drone as well)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS