DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about the DJI RC controller (not the pro)

MadDogDan

Reactions
The charging block that comes with the DJI RC has a USB-C cable hard wired to it and there is a USB port that can be used for charging a second item at the same time. My question is do both options, the hard wired USB-C cable and the regular USB Port charge at the same rate or is one a “rapid charging” option?

The charging block that comes with the DJI RC has a USB-C cable hard wired to it and there is a USB port that can be used for charging a second item at the same time. My question is do both options, the hard wired USB-C cable and the regular USB Port charge at the same rate or is one a “rapid charging” option?
Assuming the charger you refer to came with a stand alone purchase of the DJI RC, as that controller when bundled with the Mini 3 did not come with a charger.

Unless you can find details online about the charger model your guessing, others with a couple ports in some cases have had a high wattage port and a lower wattage one... but without being able to see specific specs for this charger, I am not sure how you'd know unless you got a USB Power Meters to look.

Reactions: vindibona1
If you are talking about the one like the Mavic 3 ships with that has one hard wired cable and a USB port, then the answer is no, the hard wired port is fast charging but the USB port is not.

Assuming the charger you refer to came with a stand alone purchase of the DJI RC, as that controller when bundled with the Mini 3 did not come with a charger.

Unless you can find details online about the charger model your guessing, others with a couple ports in some cases have had a high wattage port and a lower wattage one... but without being able to see specific specs for this charger, I am not sure how you'd know unless you got a USB Power Meters to look.

The charger came with my Mavic 3. There are no specifics published with the online user manual for the M3. In fact there are no close up pictures of the charging block, manual just says to use the included charger.

I guess I will take a picture of the fine print on the block and blow it up so I can read it. Maybe it will say what the output wattage is of both ports.

Yes my block is the one that came with the Mavic 3. You just answered my question.

Thanks for the help.
No worries, I learned that one the hard way. I usually charge my controller on the USB an the batteries on the hardwire, but I switched them b accident once and was wondering why it was taking so long to charge my batteries. It was soooooo slow. I won't make that mistake again, LOL!

No worries, I learned that one the hard way. I usually charge my controller on the USB an the batteries on the hardwire, but I switched them b accident once and was wondering why it was taking so long to charge my batteries. It was soooooo slow. I won't make that mistake again, LOL!

That is exactly what I did and that is what got me to thinking the hardwired cable charges faster than the USB port. I just couldn’t find any printed verification. All is good with the universe now.

When I am pressed for time I also grab my drone and plug it into a fast charging USB-C charger like one that might be used with a Macbook Pro or other such 65watt charger so I have the DJI charger going as well as the drone charging a battery.

As its been discussed before, higher wattage chargers will charge things a little faster, but the device will still only take what its designed to use.

So if the battery wants a 30w charger and you connect a 60w or better charger to it, will still only take 30w to charge. Might save a couple minutes with a higher wattage charger, hard to say, have not seen any testing to be sure whether supplying the exact wattage required is a touch slower than a high wattage charger.

Judging by the blinking "charge rate" LEDs on my RC and my Mini 3, the 30W charger supplied by my drone retailer is at least three times as fast as the default USB/cigar lighter charger I was using previously.

The thinner, hardwired USC C cable with orange coloring inside the tip is the 65W charging cable designed for quickly charging the Mavic 3 batteries through the hub or in the drone. The thicker, removable USB C cable is for simultaneously charging the RC-N1, DJI RC, or RC Pro controller at 30W.

The thinner, hardwired USC C cable with orange coloring inside the tip is the 65W charging cable designed for quickly charging the Mavic 3 batteries through the hub or in the drone. The thicker, removable USB C cable is for simultaneously charging the RC-N1, DJI RC, or RC Pro controller at 30W.
Perfect, exact information I was looking for.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots