DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question Concerning Fly Zones

Vol4Life

Reactions
Total noob here lol, so any advice is welcome and appreciated. I purchased my first drone, a Mavic Air 2. Planning on trying it out next week sometime at a relative’s who has about 10 acres and a nice open area to fly. My only concern is there is a local airport within 5 miles. This airport does not have a control tower so is is the area within 5 miles considered non controlled class G airspace? Still doing a lot of research on all of this stuff and it can be quiet confusing. I have also downloaded AirMap and the airport is circled in orange and shows an advisory but if I plan a flight it shows that I am following all rules. From my understanding this is not controlled airspace as there is no control tower. I have registered with faa for recreational use and will be putting my registration number on the drone before flying. Just want to make sure I’m doing everything legit. Like I said any help or advice is welcome. Thanks

Total noob here lol, so any advice is welcome and appreciated. I purchased my first drone, a Mavic Air 2. Planning on trying it out next week sometime at a relative’s who has about 10 acres and a nice open area to fly. My only concern is there is a local airport within 5 miles. This airport does not have a control tower so is is the area within 5 miles considered non controlled class G airspace? Still doing a lot of research on all of this stuff and it can be quiet confusing. I have also downloaded AirMap and the airport is circled in orange and shows an advisory but if I plan a flight it shows that I am following all rules. From my understanding this is not controlled airspace as there is no control tower. I have registered with faa for recreational use and will be putting my registration number on the drone before flying. Just want to make sure I’m doing everything legit. Like I said any help or advice is welcome. Thanks
If you are in class G airspace you can fly, Just keep in mind if the airport is know to have a lot of helicopter operations you may want to pay a little more attention to low flying aircraft. Other than that DJI sometimes has local airports marked as nfz or approach paths marked. Sometimes a self unlock on the controller will allow you to fly other times you must use a laptop and use the DJI flysafe page to unlock a specific radius to fly. If you have to do the ladder select a little bit larger area then you need to fly to ensure you have enough safety room incase you need to get out of the way of something. Also you will have to activate the area on the controller and deactivate if you are going to fly anywhere outside the area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada