DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question concerning "recreational" designation

Mavic Mac

Reactions
Still consider myself a "newbie" as far as the drone world is concerned. I registered my Mavic Air under The Exception For Recreational Flyers on the FAA web. Printed out the Small UAS Certificate of Registration. On that form it states to fly under the exception recreational flyers you must Pass an aeronautical knowledge and safety test. Does this mean the 107 test or is there another test I am not aware of or am I reading the info wrong ?

Thanks for clarification

you must Pass an aeronautical knowledge and safety test.
This test has not yet been completed. Fly under the current regulations and you are good.

As of today, here are the rules you need to follow as a hobbyist:

I’m a very new recreational pilot and strive to always fly responsibly. I would like a little input on the rule saying do not fly over people. I took some video along a cliff side walking path the other day and it made me wonder if I was not following rules completely. I picked an area to launch that was back off the path and went up to 200 ft and proceeded out over the bay a bit. I hovered there, took the video and brought the drone back over myself to land. My question is when I moved the drone out over the bay a bit I did fly over the walking path briefly. I honestly do not remember if people were exactly beneath me when I moved out over the bay. Would this be considered flying over people under the rules? I want to make sure I am flying responsibly and within the rules completely. Thanks in advance for any responses.

The rule is do not fly over "people" so you can fly over a road, walking path, street, etc. As long as you avoid actually flying over people.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54