DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question for Maven users

CraigVMN

Reactions
My cell phone is due for an upgrade, and I'm considering jumping from Android to Apple so I can get & use Maven.

My question is, can I create missions on my PC with its considerably larger display, and upload them to the Maven app, like I'm able to do with Litchi?

My cell phone is due for an upgrade, and I'm considering jumping from Android to Apple so I can get & use Maven.

My question is, can I create missions on my PC with its considerably larger display, and upload them to the Maven app, like I'm able to do with Litchi?

I've never done it, but as I understand it you can create a mission in Litchi, save it to csv, and then import the csv file into Maven. I've not seen any reports of problems doing so.

I've never done it, but as I understand it you can create a mission in Litchi, save it to csv, and then import the csv file into Maven. I've not seen any reports of problems doing so.
Thanks. However, aren't there features of Maven that aren't in Litchi, that could not be pre-programmed?

Thanks. However, aren't there features of Maven that aren't in Litchi, that could not be pre-programmed?

Could be, but if so I would think that most of them could be edited in Maven without the need for a larger screen. Maven is only $20, so it's not a huge investment to just try it. Lots of people will spend more in gas to get to where they want to fly their drone that day.

Reactions: DougMcC
Now I'm thinking I might try mirroring the iPhone display on my PC, so I can actually see what I'm doing. My eyesight isn't what it used to be.

Reactions: dmiles119
I use the Mini 6 on missions and the 500 nit limitation can be a PITA. But if shade is available, I fly from there. I have a colleague who swears by his sun shade (Amazon), but I do not own one, but given that I am so far down the Apple rabbit hole (Mac, iPhone, 3 iPads), I might as well place an order for one, as they are relatively inexpensive.

Can't do the mission on pc direct (unlike Dronelink), but it's not a biggie. The Maven is a great app & cheap. I use it with a MA2 & it makes flying easy. The down side is that it only runs on iPhone.

Maven is a great app. I use it to fly autonomous missions and have found it to be the best of them all. I started with Drone Link and used it successfully but found the learning curve to be a bit steep. Litchi is adequate but not my favorite. I often use Litchi to set up a Maven mission. After I have it about the way I think I want it, I fly it virtually in Virtual Litchi and Google Earth. The Litchi mission can be easily imported into Maven and final adjustments made. I have an iPhone and iPad. I use the larger screen of the iPad to help my tired old eyes.

While Maven is inexpensive, the developer is always adding new features and is very responsive to requests for information or to respond to feature requests. I hope you purchase the app and enjoy using it as much as I have.

I would love to be able to use an iPad with the drone. The trouble is the screen doesn't get bright enough.
I use my iPad 11 Pro cellular with a sun screen and it works great.

Attachments

• EC31267F-0221-43EF-BF6A-3CE60B419B46.jpeg
    EC31267F-0221-43EF-BF6A-3CE60B419B46.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • 66AD96E0-C493-43E8-8506-B483F43B84DC.jpeg
    66AD96E0-C493-43E8-8506-B483F43B84DC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: Facherty
The screen issues with Apple products have been a frequent topic of conversation among drone pilots. Since Maven can only be used on those devices, l suppose some would consider it a significant limitation. Because I use the app to make autonomous flights and fly the Mavic 2 which allows the mission to be uploaded to the aircraft, screen brightness isn’t so much of an issue for me, though I would, of course, prefer a bright, clear screen during the entire flight.

I traded in my Samsung for an iPhone 13 pro max. Put Maven on it, and the testing I did looks promising so far. Programming a flight right on the phone isn't too bad after all.

I've also discovered I can mirror my phone screen on my TV, which makes seeing the mission I'm planning in Maven much easier

Reactions: Pkunk
FWIW, Maven has released a "Lite" version for Android. It's free on Google Play for now

Reactions: Mitch76
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest