DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question on 'Screen Recording'

Seachief

Reactions
Windsor County Vermont near New Hampshire line
I haven't received my MA2 yet, but I've had a MP for quite a while along with a Spark. I've always used my Android phone, usually a Samsung Note for run GJI Go. Anyway....I see pilots here refer to 'Screen Recording'...I saw one MA2 video where the young fellow flying it said he "feels better screen recording while flying'. Somebody help me out with what screen is being recorded where? Is this a reference to the DJI Smart Controller and a capability there or is the user running a screen recording app on their Android or iDevice? (my experience with screen recorders on phones has been pretty bad versus how well they work on Windows 10 e.g.).

Anyway, if someone would please define for me what these references are to exactly. BTW I'm also familiar certainly with the map and stick control overlay videos shown on SkyPixel...not sure that's related though, but they are very cool that much telemetry is stored! Anyway, info appreciated.

I use screen record sometimes, it tapes what ever is on screen including live video feed from flight.

this is a benefit, in case user looses drone they can review video from screen record. Or, very simplified to review flight video quickly instead of uploading directly from drone.

best way is to google (How to screen record), analog may be different from an iPhone. I use iPhone 11, just run your finger from top of screen downward and this secondary screen below will appear. Tap the red circled button, this activates the screen record feature, after flight screen record normally turns itself off-and saves itself in photos.

Good luck,
Paul A38EA126-3756-4604-B2FA-0319E88FB862.jpeg

If you have an LG or Samsung phone with android 10, a screen recorder is built in. If not, you can try AZ Recorder or search for "screen recorder" in the Play Store (there's a boat load of them).

I use screen record sometimes, it tapes what ever is on screen including live video feed from flight.

this is a benefit, in case user looses drone they can review video from screen record. Or, very simplified to review flight video quickly instead of uploading directly from drone.

best way is to google (How to screen record), analog may be different from an iPhone. I use iPhone 11, just run your finger from top of screen downward and this secondary screen below will appear. Tap the red circled button, this activates the screen record feature, after flight screen record normally turns itself off-and saves itself in photos.

Good luck,
Paul View attachment 100309
Don't want to nit-pick but I Googled it and a You Tube video told me to sweep my iPhone 11 Pro from UPPER RIGHT to LOWER LEFT to open the tool box.

I have two iOS devices, and it depends on the device.
1) On an iPhone 6s on iOS 13.4.1: you swipe from bottom to top.
2) On an iPad Pro 9.7: Swipe from top-right downward.

I think it depends on the device's screen size. Large devices (and probably larger iphone's?) use #2. Smaller devices uses #1.

Best way for me to find out is Google and You Tube for your own device.

Why my Android phone can't record the screen with internal video? I have a desktop screen recorder called RecMaster (www.recmaster.net), and I wonder can I take advantage of it to do the screen recording things??

If you have an LG or Samsung phone with android 10, a screen recorder is built in. If not, you can try AZ Recorder or search for "screen recorder" in the Play Store (there's a boat load of them).

Thanks! I found it.

For android I like DU Recorder.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys