DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question on weight.

TOTALREASON

Reactions
So my mavic mini claims to be 249g. I have a high quality scale that is on point and I get 266g with battery. Everytime. Add a nickel coin it goes up by 5 when Empty or full so I know its on.. has anyone else had this issue? I already know I'm gonna get the my scale is broke responce but here is a video of me doing it live: idk...
Video Removed For Inappropriate Langage

#MiniGate2020? Or #ImjustDumb

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: itsneedtokno
Would any of your local shops allow you to put the mini of one of their scales? I assume any shops selling goods by weight must have calibrated and regularily checked scales.
I have done this to check a parcel's weight.

Uuum is the gimbal cover on?

My gold scales show a nickel at 4.9 so your scales or mine are off.
try weighing without the gimbal cover on.

Reactions: TOTALREASON
My gold scales show a nickel at 4.9 so your scales or mine are off.
try weighing without the gimbal cover on.
Yeah this scale only does whole grams. No points. Hence it gets jumpy in between grams. It for approx. meat weight. I'm going to try it again grocery scale in the deli and make sure the gimbal covers off this time so I mean it'll take a couple grams off but I'm not sure if it'll take 16 grams off3

Reactions: dirkclod
Yeah this scale only does whole grams. No points. Hence it gets jumpy in between grams. It for approx. meat weight. I'm going to try it again grocery scale in the deli and make sure the gimbal covers off this time so I mean it'll take a couple grams off but I'm not sure if it'll take 16 grams off3
Cover showed 5.1 on mine.
249 8F85BB07-5711-45B2-B1F7-EBAE3D555621.jpeg

Reactions: TOTALREASON
"if not..." there'll be a lot of people taking trips to the shops lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having a new scale brought over from a head shop by a friend later. I'll remove the cover and try again. I hope I'm just super wrong. Lol if not...
Get some triple beams.Still have a set from back in the day.?

• Haha
Reactions: BigAl07
So my mavic mini claims to be 249g. I have a high quality scale that is on point and I get 266g with battery. Everytime. Add a nickel coin it goes up by 5 when Empty or full so I know its on.. has anyone else had this issue? I already know I'm gonna get the my scale is broke responce but here is a video of me doing it live: idk...

#MiniGate2020? Or #ImjustDumb

You can try this without the camera cover!

+1 for weighing without the gimbal cover on.

My MM+ battery +SD card is 247g with the gimbal cover off and about 263g with it on.

Caught me out 1st time I weighed it too!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme