DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question on wifi band

Scoobychief

Reactions
hi guys currently working on FCC in europe my question is when i go into the wifi setting say for either 2.4ghz or 5.8 ghz should i leave it in auto or should i choose a custom one??. if i choose a custom one which is best to choose a green one short bar or longest bar?.

hi guys currently working on FCC in europe my question is when i go into the wifi setting say for either 2.4ghz or 5.8 ghz should i leave it in auto or should i choose a custom one??. if i choose a custom one which is best to choose a green one short bar or longest bar?.
From what I have learnt/read the auto setting works reasonably well. The 2.4ghz or low frequency is best for range but less efficient at penetrating obstacles/buildings etc. It is also the most populated frequency of the two. If you are not going for extreme range then the higher frequency 5.8ghz would be a better custom choice, especially if you were in an area where signal dropout could be an issue. The smallest green bar indicates the most stable channel. Hope that helps. ?

From what I have learnt/read the auto setting works reasonably well. The 2.4ghz or low frequency is best for range but less efficient at penetrating obstacles/buildings etc. It is also the most populated frequency of the two. If you are not going for extreme range then the higher frequency 5.8ghz would be a better custom choice, especially if you were in an area where signal dropout could be an issue. The smallest green bar indicates the most stable channel. Hope that helps. ?
yep it does thanks

The auto mode for me works better than any amount of manual intervention for me. I used to fly a lot in Cambridge, MA. That is a dense city, with hundreds of wifi base stations blasting away. On takeoff, the drone picks the frequency it uses to be the lowest signal strength in comparison to it. The interesting question is whether or not it shifts frequency as it flies. Using a laptop signal analysis package you can see all the frequencies around you, and what their signal strength is. Just standing still, there is a fair amount of amplitude shift if you just watch for a couple of minutes. Driving to a different spot changes the observed active spectrum dramatically. It would be random luck if you picked a frequency for your takeoff point and flew 500 feet, and had it still the right choice. The drone warns you when it is endangered by other wifi signals, and cautions you to fly with care.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom