DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question: Power inverters to use chargers in the car

Example:
Get something like this or this so I can plug in a charging strip like this?

Hi Neal - I actually have the same Tripp Lite cupholder inverter, but it only has a 2 amp and a 1 amp USB port. When plugging in my Mini’s three-battery charger, the dots progressed slowly, thus not fast-charging.

So I ordered this from Amazon, which advertises 6 amp (2 x 3 amp USB ports). When plugging in my charger, I now see the fast lights indicating a rapid charge.

I agree with sar104: a 12 V USB charger is sufficient, without the inverter, and you’ll want to ensure you‘ve got the newer car charger that offers at least a 3 amp USB port.

Attachments

• 40AB0D1D-AD29-49A9-B472-1B3C37A2B1B8.jpeg
    40AB0D1D-AD29-49A9-B472-1B3C37A2B1B8.jpeg
    720.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Another thing you need to pay attention to is not to drain off the battery of your car. This has happened once to me.
The car wou be running. I wouldn't be charging while the car is parked with the engine off. I just want to be able to charge while driving to the next location.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Then just use a car charger.

AFAIK, they do not make a car charger for the Mavic Mini. That's not my point. If I am in my home I can plug something like this into the wall.

T5cbQsM.png

I'm just asking can something like that be plugged into one of these?

TmcgIR4.png

I ordered this from Amazon, which advertises 6 amp (2 x 3 amp USB ports). When plugging in my charger, I now see the fast lights indicating a rapid charge.

@pelagic_one - So I can order that and plug the Mini Battery Hub and the RC into the charger and charge those while driving?

The reason why I was wondering about an inverter or plugging in a charging strip like this one is so that I can charge the batteries, RC, a phone or tablet, etc. all at once.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Now I can see that you need a lot of USB ports. Will this do ? It says it support quick charge but I am not sure if it means QC 2.0 quick charge standard or above. Mavic mini use QC 2.0

Reactions: Jun910
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest