DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question

MAVEYE

Reactions
Hello Gents I was wondering if anyone knows a good app for android regards to checking wind conditions no fly zones etc which is very reliable I have been using uav forcast but I am concerned that it's not reliable the reason I say this as I am a hgv driver and go to lots of different places I am currently in Scotland UK and decided to check the uav forecast app it did show a small airport In the area but according to the app it was good to fly. i was well away from the red zone marked on there maps.My worry is I know this can not be the case as light airplanes keep flying over my head very low so low I can see the pilot and well within the hight capability of the mavic I assume they are landing and taking off. I am worried if I do go somewhere I am not familiar with this could be a accident waiting to happen? has anyone else come across this before and know a reliable app or method of checking out there area of flight. Help would be grateful

Obtain an aeronautical chart, either paper or online. Learn the legends and symbols. This should help you avoid any possible airspace conflicts.

I have found a app called airmap said it is designed for drones and small low flying aircraft I will look into this and see how good it is thanks for the help

just tested it and it said the hole area I am in is for air traffic only looks good bit I think I will try and sore paper charts and learn them thanks again

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike