DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question.

rossmoney

Reactions
If I were to accidentally stop all four propellers when moving both control sticks down into the center, is there a way to recover from that? Do I just do the same motion to turn the props back on as it's falling?
Has there been someone that's successfully recovered from that?
It's honestly the thing I'm scared of most...

I don't think so, the drone will just fall out of the sky.
Maybe a restart, but the drone would need to be extremely high. Don't worry this you will never move the sticks into this positions if you are flying like a normal responsible person.

I would be more worried about the trees that keep jumping into the flight path....

Just be safe and plan your flights..... Have FUN.....

Also the emergency stop is sticks down and to the right or left.
Both control stick down will not stop the motors.

It also won't let you turn them off unless there's an emergency. That means the drone has to have detected a crash or some sort of serious error or is already on the ground.

Reactions: AJMavicpilot
If I were to accidentally stop all four propellers when moving both control sticks down into the center, is there a way to recover from that? Do I just do the same motion to turn the props back on as it's falling?
Has there been someone that's successfully recovered from that?
It's honestly the thing I'm scared of most...
There is a setting in the app that you can activate so that you cannot accidentally shut the motors off in flight, I'm just not sure where it is.

Reactions: rossmoney
There is a setting in the app that you can activate so that you cannot accidentally shut the motors off in flight, I'm just not sure where it is.
I'll make sure to dig into the settings to find this, thanks a bunch!

Android:
DJI-GO-Stop-Motor-Method-Android.jpg

Apple:DJI-GO-Stop-Motor-Method-Apple.jpg

It also won't let you turn them off unless there's an emergency. That means the drone has to have detected a crash or some sort of serious error or is already on the ground.

That's how I interpret it too, though I've never put it to the test. The Go app's simulator will allow you to shut off engines mid flight using csc. So....I'm not so sure.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+