DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Questions about RC and phone

gidi

Reactions
Hi all,

Two quick questions:

1) Will the RC charge an iPhone SE that I intend to be using for piloting the mini?
2) Do you recommend the iPhone SE for piloting the mini? I have a spare one and I like the OS stability, but I am not sure if the screen (Size/resolution) will be ok for the fly app. I know it is not as crammed as DJI Go 4 but still I am not sure about this. I could of course use my man in phone for piloting but I would rather not.

Thanks a lot

Hi all,

Two quick questions:

1) Will the RC charge an iPhone SE that I intend to be using for piloting the mini?
2) Do you recommend the iPhone SE for piloting the mini? I have a spare one and I like the OS stability, but I am not sure if the screen (Size/resolution) will be ok for the fly app. I know it is not as crammed as DJI Go 4 but still I am not sure about this. I could of course use my man in phone for piloting but I would rather not.

Thanks a lot

I am using a iPhone 5se at present but have just bought a 6s of eBay for drone only use.

Yes the controller charges the phone.
Yes albeit a little small the fly app is working perfectly ok on the 5se.

Reactions: gidi
I am using a iPhone 5se at present but have just bought a 6s of eBay for drone only use.

Yes the controller charges the phone.
Yes albeit a little small the fly app is working perfectly ok on the 5se.

That is good news. The charging part is very good new.
Thanks a lot.

Reactions: scooot
I am too using an IPhone SE with no problem. A mini for mini, and it goes already attached to the RC into my bag...

Reactions: scooot
... And you really don't want it to, as it diminishes RC use time considerably. Manual even covers it. 4 hours iOS, 1 hour Android.

... And you really don't want it to, as it diminishes RC use time considerably. Manual even covers it. 4 hours iOS, 1 hour Android.

Really? Unaware of that, hence will stick to my SE... (I also has an S10e but that is my daily driver for the rest of my life..:)

Original USB standards say a host (RC in this case) needs to be capable of providing 500mA to a device if the device wants it.

That shouldn't diminish run time by 75% though, only about 25%.

I use a iPad mini and also a iPhone SE. The only problem I've had was running out of storage on the SE (it's my daily so it only has about 2gb free).

Otherwise the SE has been fine with the fly app. Everything seems clear and easy to read even with the small screen.

Reactions: gidi
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots