DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick question about RC to Phone cable

zaldy

Reactions
Sorry noob quick question..

I plan to buy backup cable from RC to phone, i use Mini SE, which uses same RC as Mavic Mini (micro USB on RC side), my phone is Samsung M21 (type C)

So, can i uses charging cable that comes with my phone (Regular USB A to USB C) and buy OTG micro USB to connect it to RC?

RC (micro USB to regular USB OTG) - samsung USB to type C - phone

Is there something special about DJI cables? Or is it regular OTG/data cable?

I believe that a normal OTG microUSB male to full sized USB female will work with the normal Samsung Data-&_charge cable but I would try to get the OTG cable with an appropriately handed right-angled microUSB connector rather than a straight mUSB connector, they stick out less.
Be aware they are available in left, right, up and down handings so make sure you get the correct one and, if buying on line, make sure that you can see that the handing is what you want. Do not rely on people getting left & right 'correct'.
It's what is driving the tablet in the attached

Attachments

• r-angle otg mUSB male to USB female.jpg
    r-angle otg mUSB male to USB female.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 12
I believe that a normal OTG microUSB male to full sized USB female will work with the normal Samsung Data-&_charge cable but I would try to get the OTG cable with an appropriately handed right-angled microUSB connector rather than a straight mUSB connector, they stick out less.
Be aware they are available in left, right, up and down handings so make sure you get the correct one and, if buying on line, make sure that you can see that the handing is what you want. Do not rely on people getting left & right 'correct'.
It's what is driving the tablet in the attached
thanks for your response.. so... reguler micro USB OTG Pair with Samsung cable... i will search for right handed connectors.. if available..

my DJI cables is working fine, i just want to get some backup cable in case DJI cable fails (it looks pretty thin, tho)

If it's just the usual cable you need and not am extended one then why not get the DJI one. Second hand ones can sometime be found at low prices. The cables used with the Mavic Mini and Mavic 2 Pro/zoom are interchangable. They might also be interchangable with all the side port Mavic controllers but I only have a Mavic 2 P/Z and the Mavic Mini so that is speculation.
I actually like the cable guides used with the Mavic 2 P/Z and use one in the Mavic Mini controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60