DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick Question. Does the Mavic Mini support waypoint missions?

pauls931

Reactions
Did a few searches and videos, even skimmed the manual on their website. I assumed I missed it?

So does the Mavic Mini support GPS waypoint missions? Thanks!

Actually no, but that might change in future in case DJI will support it via their SDK library. Then third-party apps such as Litchi might support waypoints same as for other DJI drones.

Did a few searches and videos, even skimmed the manual on their website. I assumed I missed it?

So does the Mavic Mini support GPS waypoint missions? Thanks!

As above have already said...I’ve read that the SDK release has been confirmed via a DJi agent via an online portal so once that gets released purchase litchi app and use that for waypoints...gr8 app litchi,I’ve been using it for years

Hi,

I saw an interresting video that show how to change home point, and you can use it as a single segment waypoint mission!

As above have already said...I’ve read that the SDK release has been confirmed via a DJi agent via an online portal so once that gets released purchase litchi app and use that for waypoints...gr8 app litchi,I’ve been using it for years

where exactly did you read this?

at this time it does not appear that the fly app SDK has been made available to third party apps, but there seems to be an idea that it will be released at some point in the future

OK, April is over, is there an SDK that Lichi can use?
The only one who can release an SDK is DJI itself.

The April date was never fixed. After asking the developers directly, I received the following answer:

Thank you for contacting DJI Developer Support with your question. At this time, we're shooting for a mid-year release to support the Mavic Mini but it's still a moving target. I recommend looking for updates in our Release Notes and please feel free to reach back out to us directly again, if you would like an update.

I would expect the SDK and Litchi final support somewhere in Q4 2020.

The Mavic Air 2 might speed up things a bit, as it is also based on the Fly app and incompatible with the existing SDK which is derived from the GO4 app.

It looks so much like the Mini that I was wondering if it would be on the new app or the old...thats probably really good news for us Mini owners. More sales of units on the new app means more updates for it I would think. Of course the Air 2 may be the reason for the delayed update as well.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851