Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Quick release plate to swap DJI Mavic 2 pro and zoom cameras??

Brelsh

Reaction score
Just wondering if this is something anyone is working on, like a quick release adapter plate? I have the Pro but definitely have situations where I could use the zoom features. I would have thought one of the 3rd party companies might be looking into it if DJI weren't keen. Thoughts??

Kgitti

Reaction score
I would think that is impossible for many reasons. Not that I actually know anything but I would assume there is a lot more too it like differences in the software for sure, adapter plate would throw off gimbal balance etc.

Reactions: HighlandsVideo

Brelsh

Reaction score
I would think that is impossible for many reasons. Not that I actually know anything but I would assume there is a lot more too it like differences in the software for sure, adapter plate would throw off gimbal balance etc.
From what I've seen the gimble comes with the camera when ordered, (from pictures I've seen) so the balance should be unaffected, as far as software goes it's all built in already. It just detects what camera is being used and offers appropriate actions.

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
A plug and play gimbal assembly would be a serious challenge. There's a lot of delicate connections that need to be made, with high speed data going through several of them.

What happened to Thunderdrones anyway?

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
What happened to Thunderdrones anyway?
He made some mistakes and was removed from our forum. See a few more details at:

drawph

Reaction score
Sure you do. Zooming compresses the scene. Cropping in on a high res clip won't give you compression. BTW, In this video you've got a guy swapping out the pro with the zoom:

and this one:

WithTheBirds

Reaction score
Sure you do. Zooming compresses the scene. Cropping in on a high res clip won't give you compression. BTW, In this video you've got a guy swapping out the pro with the zoom:

and this one:
Sure about that? Crop and zoom will give same perspective taken from the same position.

drawph

Reaction score
Sure about that? Crop and zoom will give same perspective taken from the same position.
You bet. Look at the "Dolly Zoom" shot and watch how the scene changes at every focal length. If you zoom in while backing up, the scene compressed. Conversely, if you zoom out while pushing in, everything stretches out and distorts. Can't do that by cropping in on a fixed focal length shot.

Reactions: Thomas B

WithTheBirds

Reaction score
You bet. Look at the "Dolly Zoom" shot and watch how the scene changes at every focal length. If you zoom in while backing up, the scene compressed. Conversely, if you zoom out while pushing in, everything stretches out and distorts. Can't do that by cropping in on a fixed focal length shot.
You missed the important part in my claim, specifically “from the same position”. If you maintain your distance from the subject crop and zoom maintain the same perspective.

GadgetGuy

Reaction score
Just wondering if this is something anyone is working on, like a quick release adapter plate? I have the Pro but definitely have situations where I could use the zoom features. I would have thought one of the 3rd party companies might be looking into it if DJI weren't keen. Thoughts??
Best option is a second new bare M2 aircraft upon which to permanently mount the second camera. Currently $599, but was $499 a few weeks ago. Takes just 20 seconds to bind the RC to the other aircraft. Much simpler!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reynolds4FSU