DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick Shot and Active Track

Lastrexking

Reactions
Sorry if this is in the manual - I can’t find it....

Are Quick shot, Active Track and tap to fly available if I’m using my iPad or iPhone to control my Air and not the controller?

Never tried flying with just the phone. The 100m limit makes it a deal breaker for me. But my understanding is that you will have everything the same with just that max distance restriction. And the distance is from the take off point, not from where you are at the moment. So for example if you initiate active track or tapfly while flying with just your phone, the AC will only go 100m to any direction from the take off point and then it will stop. Not really practical.

Never tried flying with just the phone. The 100m limit makes it a deal breaker for me. But my understanding is that you will have everything the same with just that max distance restriction. And the distance is from the take off point, not from where you are at the moment. So for example if you initiate active track or tapfly while flying with just your phone, the AC will only go 100m to any direction from the take off point and then it will stop. Not really practical.
I haven’t either, but there was a thread on here about it, so I thought I’d give it a go. It seems a bit laggy, so not something I'd want to d regularly, but it would be good for setting up my Air to follow me on my bike as my phone has a mount on the handle bars.

I haven’t either, but there was a thread on here about it, so I thought I’d give it a go. It seems a bit laggy, so not something I'd want to d regularly, but it would be good for setting up my Air to follow me on my bike as my phone has a mount on the handle bars.
For that scenario, you are better of experimenting with the smart capture mode without the remote or phone. I did for a few weeks a while back and there is a long thread about it somewhere here. Too lazy to search for it now. If you fly with your phone, the AC will be able to follow you for a mere 100 meters, after which it will stop.

For that scenario, you are better of experimenting with the smart capture mode without the remote or phone. I did for a few weeks a while back and there is a long thread about it somewhere here. Too lazy to search for it now. If you fly with your phone, the AC will be able to follow you for a mere 100 meters, after which it will stop.
Even on active track?

Even on active track?
If you are using the phone only wifi connection to control the AC, yes. The AC will not go beyond 100m from the take off point under any mode. That is why it never made sense to me. In follow me on smart capture mode without the remote or phone connected, the AC will follow you till it runs out of battery - with the added benefit that there is no RTH in this mode. The AC will land where it is if it runs out of juice. Do read up on it before you try though. And always, get familiar with the mode in a safe environment first. One of those threads is here

there is another one search for it

Edit: found it and here it is. This one is one with the more informative discussions

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929