DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick shot question

gpanek

Reactions
Site
www.puresync.com
On my MM2 I have taken quick shots before. This time however, I took several at a dry lake bed in Northern California. I waited until the timer was done, then touched the red X. Now I go back and don''t find them anyplace. What the hell? Was the red x a delete? Seemed to me more like a "done" trigger. Why would they have a delete after taking it? I know if you dont let the clock run its full course it will not record but I thought these were being recorded. Nothing. Any help here? thx

It seems like that is the case, and its a shame that it works that way, For what ever reason its taking more time to process the footage once its shot . This has come up on the Forum this week a few times so they must have changed something not for the better.

I want to try and see if there is any change if you store it directly the HD on the Drone or the SD card , i will check that out tomorrow. I am sure its the same , but just to be sure or if someone else can let me know ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain

On some of the quick shots I've tried, there is a lengthy post-processing delay ... when the quick shot is done capturing the controller goes into overtime "constructing the video" ... I don't know if this is done in the drone or in the controller (or phone). I've always let it finish before powering anything down.

But that big round red X stops the process. It isn't like the square stop recording button.

Reactions: norsehabanero
On my MM2 I have taken quick shots before. This time however, I took several at a dry lake bed in Northern California. I waited until the timer was done, then touched the red X. Now I go back and don''t find them anyplace. What the hell? Was the red x a delete? Seemed to me more like a "done" trigger. Why would they have a delete after taking it? I know if you dont let the clock run its full course it will not record but I thought these were being recorded. Nothing. Any help here? thx
I happened to do a couple of quick shots today with my Mini 2. I noticed the X in the red circle and text underneath said something like "returning". One time I didn't hit the X and the drone came back to where it was when the quick shot was started. The second time I hit the X and it didn't automatically return.

So...I don't think that X is a delete button. Pretty sure it stops the drone from returning to its starting point after completing the QS. Unfortunately, that doesn't help you find the missing video.

Did you pull the SD card and put it into your computer? If not, give that a try.

Good luck...

I happened to do a couple of quick shots today with my Mini 2. I noticed the X in the red circle and text underneath said something like "returning". One time I didn't hit the X and the drone came back to where it was when the quick shot was started. The second time I hit the X and it didn't automatically return.

So...I don't think that X is a delete button. Pretty sure it stops the drone from returning to its starting point after completing the QS. Unfortunately, that doesn't help you find the missing video.

Did you pull the SD card and put it into your computer? If not, give that a try.

Good luck...
Yes, I pulled the SD card and was surprised to not find the shots there. Looking at the video linked above, it appears there is a process of saving the QS. I need to try it again after reviewing that how to video. My problem seems to be I exited out too soon.

Ok, I tried it again in the local baseball field, using quick shots. This time it worked fine. I tried them all. I think the only thing I did different is had it set in Normal speed, which the video above suggested. In fact, I had to terminate the shot a couple times because too close to a tree, in say boomerang and hit the red X. Well those were recorded too even though incomplete. So the early termination was not the problem. Interestingly, however, when I hit RTH while up around 300 ft, it said RTH function not available when within 20 meters. Maybe that meant I had to be horizontally more than 20 meters away from home. I really do love this little MM2, an amazing drone.

Ok, I tried it again in the local baseball field, using quick shots. This time it worked fine. I tried them all. I think the only thing I did different is had it set in Normal speed, which the video above suggested. In fact, I had to terminate the shot a couple times because too close to a tree, in say boomerang and hit the red X. Well those were recorded too even though incomplete. So the early termination was not the problem. Interestingly, however, when I hit RTH while up around 300 ft, it said RTH function not available when within 20 meters. Maybe that meant I had to be horizontally more than 20 meters away from home. I really do love this little MM2, an amazing drone.
yes...it refers to >20 meters horizontally.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143