DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick Shots

spamgnome

Reactions
I have a Mavic Air 2:

I almost never use quick shots, but I'd like to take a series of stills while circling something on the ground, and I'd like to click the shutter manually. From what I can tell, this is not possible. Would love to learn that I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Just orbit manually while clicking the shutter. Easy skill to learn. Practice it in an open field. Both sticks are pointed laterally away from center. Plenty of YT videos show you how to do it.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Doesn’t it have a POI flight mode?

It does, but I believe it is for video only, limiting one to screen grabs, rather than full sized stills.
Thanks. Here’s a teaching moment for me. I’m not knowledgeable in the intelligent flight modes of the Air 2, and it surprises me that POI is just for video. On the other hand, being a video guy, I’ve never tried to take a still while in a POI pattern on my MPP and M2P. I just assumed you could click the shutter at any time, or use Timed shots to get a series. I do know the M2P has a POI hyper-lapse, although I haven’t pushed that button yet. I’m going to check it out…!

Just orbit manually while clicking the shutter. Easy skill to learn. Practice it in an open field. Both sticks are pointed laterally away from center. Plenty of YT videos show you how to do it.
Yup, I'm well-versed in flying and orbiting manually, which is why I almost never use the "nanny modes." However, in this case, I want to orbit an object very precisely and several times without having to think. Also, the automated flight modes can fly at a higher speed than a human can manually while maintaining the precision.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa