DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick Shout Out to DJI

TeamGomez

Reactions
While I somewhat expect a cacophony of squawks about poor DJI service, I gotta say, that given the geological footprint of customer service requirements, they're batting 1000 as I'm going 2:2.

First phone con landed with the wrong person, who got me to the right person, who was able to have an excellent tech discussion on bandwidths and transmission details. She also pointed me to the spot to buy DJI Care even though 48 hrs had elapsed since putting my Air2S into ops.

Second contact via chat as my video link was 'locked' (as is my brain housing unit at times) and they couldn't view it. When the website was having tech issues not allowing me to 'duplicate' the request, I had a 5 min chat with a young chap who directly answered my questions, took the video link, processed the auth, and sent me a link to purchase. Try doing this with the myriad of tech companies and in most cases, I'd rather stick my head in a garbage disposal (or maybe lick a spinning drone blade at max power).

I'm sure the day will come where the brick wall greets my inquiry, but nothing less than impressed thus far. Both with DJI and the lot of you hooligans LOL!

I had issues with my Smart Controller when I first got my Mavic Air 2 close to 2 years ago. They quickly set me up with a warranty replacement. The replacement turned out to have issues with a corner of the screen lifting. They quickly agreed to replace it. When I expressed my disappointment because I was going to be missing more flying time during prime flying season, they offered me a free micro SD card for my trouble.

In the end it all worked out fine.

I had DJI Care for the first year for my own peace of mind. I didn't renew it after it lapsed because I developed enough confidence in the drone to not feel the need.

So yeah, I've had positive experiences with them as well.

When I got the first msg on my phone to sign up for the DJI Care, I waved off thinking the odds were tremendously stacked in their favor. That is, until I inexplicably lost video transmission a couple thousand feet out to sea...and RTB'd 'on instruments' and didn't get video feed back until I cycled power on the drone.

While doing the thread search for what may have caused it, I couldn't find a simple answer and given my flight log showed 100% signal strength, my 'concern' elevated. I coupled this with the frequent s/w revisions (along with their associated challenges) and figured I'd enjoy the experience a bit more not worrying about the 1's and 0's all finding their place in the sequence. Time will tell as I try to spend most of my time feet wet over the Pacific doing my very best not to test submersible characteristics of the 2S.

I've been burned by DJI years ago with a defective P2. But gotta say they seem to have stepped up their game. They really came through in fully replacing 8 batteries for my I2 that were bought new but sat unopened for 6 months due to covid lock down. When I opened, they were puffy and wouldn't charge. After submitting the documentation, they replaced all of them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo