DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick snippet of latest project

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I am compiling footage for my next project, but this one I found intriguing enough to share even though it might be a ho-hum shot for experienced pilots and film shooters. This one was taken with my Mavic Mini and climbed to just under 400' AGL. Had I a Part 107 license I would have gone higher, but it's still pretty cool how stable the Mini is.

Quick Mavic Mini clip

What the heck happens to the 'lace dolly thing' in the first few seconds? It's contraction/shrinking seems disproportionately fast.
Thanks for you comment... Actually I was experimenting with a speed ramp. I'll go back and reedit and just let it happen. Thanks for the comment.

Reactions: TreeHugger
I thought it was just me, either way a superb wee snippet. It almost looks CGI.
[emoji106]

Reactions: TreeHugger
No don't edit it, my comment wasnt a criticism, it was a question.

What the heck happens to the 'lace dolly thing' in the first few seconds? It's contraction/shrinking seems disproportionately fast.

It's going to be part of a larger presentation that I'm compiling now. This one shows how rock solid the Mavic Mini positioning can be. This was mostly all manual and not a quickshot mode except for the spin which was a reaction and happy accident when I hit the RTH button. The building is 174' AGL and I have the max altitude set for 389' or something like that. I wish I could have (legally) gone higher. I have a lot more footage shot with my M2P and the Mini that I think will turn out well, but this shot was pretty dramatic, I think. The Mini was excellent going through a passage, to the building which would have been an issue with the sensors on my M2...which I don't have the courage to turn off yet as they saved me once already.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I am compiling footage for my next project, but this one I found intriguing enough to share even though it might be a ho-hum shot for experienced pilots and film shooters. This one was taken with my Mavic Mini and climbed to just under 400' AGL. Had I a Part 107 license I would have gone higher, but it's still pretty cool how stable the Mini is.

Quick Mavic Mini clip

Fantastic effect in the beginning, i expected the spin and it looked great even if i did feel weird , lol Great job look forward to more of your mini magic.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain
Coal

Let me rephrase my question, has the portion of the image occupied by the 'lace dolly thing' been manipulated in a way that is different from any processing applied to the remainder of the video? Please restrict the initial answer to either a "yes" or a "no".
If no then does the 'lace dolly thing' physically shrink or contract? Again please retrict the initial answer to either a "yes" or a "no". Thank you

Let me rephrase my question, has the portion of the image occupied by the 'lace dolly thing' been manipulated in a way that is different from any processing applied to the remainder of the video? Please restrict the initial answer to either a "yes" or a "no".
If no then does the 'lace dolly thing' physically shrink or contract? Again please retrict the initial answer to either a "yes" or a "no". Thank you

I'm not sure I understand your question in a way I can answer concisely. So, yes- and no. Here is all that I did post...
I a touch of color grading in curves to bring up the dark grass until it provides some color. At the top of the rise there was a pause as the Mini reached its max elevation of 388'. I cut out the small portion of the pause before the rotation. Other than that just a little experimentation with speed ramping, mostly to see what I could do with it. The Mini is in C mode and seemed a little long, so I thought some speeding up might be appropriate. Jury is out on that and will depend on how it fits into the final compilation.

I'm not sure I understand your question in a way I can answer concisely. So, yes- and no. Here is al..........
Ahhhh ....it doesn't matter.......I have just seen what is happening.............my "lace dolly thing " is something separate from, and well above, the other 'roof'. As the dolly is much closer to the drone 'its' perspective change, as the drone climbs, is much greater.
Cool captureThumbswayup

Cool effect and fun to watch - I am curious though, what is this building and where is it ?
That is the Bahai House of Worship AKA Bahai Temple in Wilmette Illinois. FWIW, it requires special permission to fly drones on and around the property lest one would be approached by their security. I was very lucky to get such permission.

That is the Bahai House of Worship AKA Bahai Temple in Wilmette Illinois. FWIW, it requires special permission to fly drones on and around the property lest one would be approached by their security. I was very lucky to get such permission.

How Cool - Funny, Back in the late 60's or early 70's, I was "searching for myself" and me and a bunch of friends were kind of into the "Bahai Faith" for the summer - the concept of progressive revelation intrigued us and like I said, we were kind of lost if you know what I mean - during that summer we went to a week long youth festival at the Bahai Temple in Wilmet - it was really cool - my recollection is that some rather famous folk singers were there - (Seals and Crofts or someone like that) hung out with us - played guitar and sang - it was a wonderful weekend.

that is a chapter in my life story that no one else cares about - LOL - :) it was the 60's (either 1969 or the summer of 1970) wow - so long ago..... :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS