DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

QuickShot Appears and Disappears

Randy_Culp

Reactions
Updated to current version of DJI GO 4 software (4.1.11) and firmware (01.04.0000) and initially after updating I saw QuickShots in the intelligent flight mode menu. I went out in the field to test it out and QuickShots was gone off the menu (Gesture Mode took its place). Came back to the house and QuickShots was back on the menu. Try shutting down and restarting and QuickShots is gone off the menu. Shut down and restart and it's back. The appearance/disappearance appears to be random. Can anyone explain why this is happening?

Incidentally, I thought this might be related to having a GPS signal, but I'm not getting QuickShots when I DO have GPS and I'm getting QuickShots when I DON'T have GPS, so that's not it.

Reactions: Mavkeb
I think I may have figured it out. I have always started up in the sequence: DJI Go 4 > Controller > Aircraft. What I suspect happens is that the controller looks for the aircraft firmware rev and if it doesn't see the aircraft (immediately), defaults to the old options (no QuickShot). So it probably was dependent on how quickly I brought up the aircraft after starting the controller. If I start up in the sequence DJI Go 4 > Aircraft > Controller, I get QuickShots every time.

Reactions: Gwangi and crisp007
Happened to me yesterday, I haven't work out the pattern or steps yet but I had to switch off the controller and then switch it back on in order for the option to appear again. I just put it down to the app not recognising the firmware.

Interesting. Mines gone too. I'll try your remedy, Randy. Thanks for posting the solution.

I think I may have figured it out. I have always started up in the sequence: DJI Go 4 > Controller > Aircraft. What I suspect happens is that the controller looks for the aircraft firmware rev and if it doesn't see the aircraft (immediately), defaults to the old options (no QuickShot). So it probably was dependent on how quickly I brought up the aircraft after starting the controller. If I start up in the sequence DJI Go 4 > Aircraft > Controller, I get QuickShots every time.

Thanks!! Your sequence works!

I have been having this problem for a while now and I was just clueless for why this was happing. I just tried your starting up sequence steps & all I have to say to that is WOW - OMG & THANK YOU. it works.
Thanks Randy

In all my years of R/C I've never started up the R/C before the controller, mainly because in the old days of non-digital controllers, that could result in an instant runaway. My startup sequence is *always* Controller>Aircraft>DJI Go 4. Never had a problem with Quickshots not showing up and yep, I'm on the most recent FW and App version.

Been looking everywhere for why my Mavic 2 won't let me do quick shot anymore after the dumb update and unfortunately Randy's reccommendation doesn't work for me. Does anyone have any other ideas? Everything is updated and I even just calibrated my drone through the DJI Assistant 2 app on my computer.

*Figured it out*- Had remote in sport mode lol

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121