DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

QuickShots Failure - Help

GTPerkins

Reactions
Hi Folks,

I have a Mini SE and have been using quickshots so it has worked before. Last night I tried to do "Circle" around a person to get some video using the "Circle" quickshot and it did not work. I hightlighted the individual with the green box and hit the start button. It counted down, 3....2....1, etc but then never executed the routine. I assumed it was because there was not enough light. However, this morning I did the exact same thing in daylight and it also failed to perform. It did the count down, but failed to execute the circle. I also tried rocket... same result.... count down but then fails to execute the action.... Any thoughts? I'm using a Mini SE, no payload, exactly configured as before when it did work. Full charge on the drone, the controller and the iPhone.... I'm stumped.....

Hi Folks,

I have a Mini SE and have been using quickshots so it has worked before. Last night I tried to do "Circle" around a person to get some video using the "Circle" quickshot and it did not work. I hightlighted the individual with the green box and hit the start button. It counted down, 3....2....1, etc but then never executed the routine. I assumed it was because there was not enough light. However, this morning I did the exact same thing in daylight and it also failed to perform. It did the count down, but failed to execute the circle. I also tried rocket... same result.... count down but then fails to execute the action.... Any thoughts? I'm using a Mini SE, no payload, exactly configured as before when it did work. Full charge on the drone, the controller and the iPhone.... I'm stumped.....
Looks like I solved this and hopefully this data helps others. I had the Max Height and Max Distance set at 50 ft (because I was letting my kid experiment with it) and it appears this limitation inhibits the QuickShots. I can understand it inhibiting Rocket (which wants to climb to 80 feet) but I don't know why it inhibits the Circle quickshot, We were wanting to do a tight circle around a person. Regardless of the reason, I changed both settings to my usual larger numbers and both quickshots began working again.

Looks like I solved this and hopefully this data helps others. I had the Max Height and Max Distance set at 50 ft (because I was letting my kid experiment with it) and it appears this limitation inhibits the QuickShots. I can understand it inhibiting Rocket (which wants to climb to 80 feet) but I don't know why it inhibits the Circle quickshot, We were wanting to do a tight circle around a person. Regardless of the reason, I changed both settings to my usual larger numbers and both quickshots began working again.
Thank you, that was exactly my problem trying to do a "dronie".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929