DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quiet Props

Gimbal2019

Reactions
Just installed a set of Master Airscrew Props on my Mavic Air.
Noticed a difference the moment I started the motors - definitely not as loud as the OEM props … Happy Happy Joy Joy :)
The only draw back I have found so far is - it is harder to hear the drone when its a couple hundred meters away - which is fine for me.

Keep an eye on drifting, when still or at low wind speeds, my BIL found the MAS props caused his to be a little less stable, drifting very slightly, but only noticeable in nil or very low wind.
He adjusted gains down a bit, as described in several Youtube tutorials on the subject.

Enjoy the new found peace & quiet.

Keep an eye on drifting, when still or at low wind speeds, my BIL found the MAS props caused his to be a little less stable, drifting very slightly, but only noticeable in nil or very low wind.
He adjusted gains down a bit, as described in several Youtube tutorials on the subject.

Enjoy the new found peace & quiet.

Thanks for the heads up - so far have not noticed any drifting but will take notice hopefully today sometime.
I also adjusted the settings as recommended by MAS
Has anyone else noticed drifting or any other odd behavior after installing the MAS props?

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
When you got your props, in the package were some suggested values for your pitch, roll, yaw and vertical. Anybody notice a difference after making these changes?

I did the suggested changes before going for the first flight - thinking maybe the changes affect how fast the drone reacts to commands but not sure
Would be interesting to hear if someone tried to fly before changing the settings. I don't think it would be a huge difference.

I did the suggested changes before going for the first flight - thinking maybe the changes affect how fast the drone reacts to commands but not sure
Would be interesting to hear if someone tried to fly before changing the settings. I don't think it would be a huge difference.
I installed the MAS v2 props on my Mavic Air and flew it without any gain changes. Noticeable noise reduction and rock steady even inside - no drifting.

Thanks for the heads up - so far have not noticed any drifting but will take notice hopefully today sometime.
I also adjusted the settings as recommended by MAS
Has anyone else noticed drifting or any other odd behavior after installing the MAS props?

When you got your props, in the package were some suggested values for your pitch, roll, yaw and vertical. Anybody notice a difference after making these changes?

Ah yes, I recall reading about those instructions elsewhere on this forum too.
Think BIL got his before they were sending with those, he had to search and found the vids online to adjust.
Not sure if the MAS instructions and the YT vids were same info, but his is now stable after the video tutorial adjustments.

Took my Mavic Air out today to try out the new MAS props and used 4 batteries.
According to the DJI GO 4 app Flight Records my new Top Speed was today 67.9kph - don't know the top speed with OEM props
PLUS I got a new record flight time of 15 min
Both these results were unexpected and not tested - just reading the Flight Data.
Something I did check was stability while hovering and it is very good with no drifting at all (with settings as per MAS)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627