DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Radar dial flips 180 / 2 MPs-controllers-IPads?

atxmavic

Reactions
I have been fighting with this on/off since the spring ...

Note 180-degrees-off radar dial craft direction arrows - pics are from 2 different MPs, using 2 different iPads (see below) sitting next to each other on an all-wood (RC plane) prep table... everything 'facing forward' - magnetic north is approximately 90 degrees to the viewer's/craft's left ... Arrow direction is fine up through "Vision Mode" but flips 180 once it says "GPS Mode"... Goggles show 90 degrees right of view (differs from iPad by -90 degrees...)...

Equipment: 2 MPs both purchased Q1/2018 (OE not refurb); iPad Air 2 ('supported' by DJI) and IPad (2018). Goggles purchased Q1/2018.
Location/s: multiple: parks, home, RC airports (examples attached), "10 miles from nowhere" with no electrical lines, etc. ..
Repeatability: varies between MPs/IPads/location - no 'one' location (or MP/iPad) is problem-free all the time hence returning the systems to DJI is impractical (if you can't repeat it, you can't fix it)
* Flying partner's MA: using above iPads, no problems... (same locations)
* Test all 3 one day at home - all worked fine - same settings, different day, only the MA worked correctly all the time; MPs were hit/miss

This is an extremely exasperating problem - I take two full systems out to fly and have to mix-and-match MPs and iPads until I get lucky and one combination works - if it does at all... all too often I go home with only flight-line/test video. But when it works, it's awesome.

I am open to ideas...

IMG_0071.PNGIMG_0669.PNG

That would be exasperating. I don’t have a clue and since this has been up 24 hours without a reply seems like most people don’t either bam very curious to see the resolution to this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143