DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Radar Help

rmb

Reactions
This is a repost as I got no response, but would really like to get impute. See below for original post.
Thanks!

I have noticed lately that every once and a while I will look down to my radar display to check my M3 relative to my location and it shows me all info correctly, but does not always show the home location.
It happened to me last week in a non cell service location (which technically shouldn’t matter since it’s based on GPS) but then again a few days later when I had full connectivity. Not a huge deal, but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks,
R

My MAP showing home location is always correct, but the Radar (since the last update) is mostly incorrect. Incorrect in relation to the direction between myself/home location and the drone. You would think it’s a compass issue, but I’m not so sure. Because it works fine while in the map display. It’s only in the radar display where it doesn’t seem to be able to accurately show the correct relationship direction between me/home point and where the drone is located

That is very valuable input, and a good reminder to me. In my instance the home location literally is not there in the radar view. But you are correct, in a pinch if I dart out to the map view I can make up for it. It’s just that I don’t tend to use map view as much as I tend to glance over to my lower left just to look at my angle of attack my relationship to home and holy crap I have no idea where I am let’s bring it back.
Thanks vtcats

Yeah, I was very excited when I heard they added the radar view with you at the center and being able to tell where the drone was relative to yourself as I used to use this all the time, as a quick glance, in the Go4 app.
But so far its unreliable so I do a quick switch to the large map view, instead.
Hopefully they fix this in the next update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S