DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Radio controller self discharge

mpa

Reactions
Does anyone know if the mavic controller has a battery discharge function after a period of inactivity, similar to the ones on the mavic?

Reason i ask is because over a period of 3 weeks of my controller looses about 20%. i would usually charge them to 60% if i know i will not be using it for a period of time, but after about 3 weeks it comes down to about 40%. it would be good to know if i have to keep maintaining the charge or it will stop discharging below 40%.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the mavic controller has a battery discharge function after a period of inactivity, similar to the ones on the mavic?

Reason i ask is because over a period of 3 weeks of my controller looses about 20%. i would usually charge them to 60% if i know i will not be using it for a period of time, but after about 3 weeks it comes down to about 40%. it would be good to know if i have to keep mainlining the charge or it will stop discharging below 40%.
From what I read in the manual, no.

It says to store it in a sealed bag in room temp conditions between 40 and 60 percent over extended time frames, but there's a lot more to it than that alone.

It's really a needy little battery from what it looks like

Reactions: Gonçalo and mpa
The remote controller does not self discharge like the Mavic batteries, but the battery will slowly discharge over time when not in use.

Reactions: waddellw and mpa
Thanks guys, thats bad news i guess because it means we all have to apply a maintenance charge every few weeks.

there nothing more cringeworthy than noticing a lipo that has been drained to 0% and been sitting around that level for several weeks. no good for lipo longevity thats for sure!

Thanks guys, thats bad news i guess because it means we all have to apply a maintenance charge every few weeks.

there nothing more cringeworthy than noticing a lipo that has been drained to 0% and been sitting around that level for several weeks. no good for lipo longevity thats for sure!

I have had mine for over a year and have never had to do this so far.

When I finally opened the box for mine lastnight the RC was at 2% battery. Made me wonder the same thing. How often do I need to be checking this thing and charging it up, and to what levels.... Not a word I could find about it in the little book that came with it.

Reactions: waddellw
When I finally opened the box for mine lastnight the RC was at 2% battery. Made me wonder the same thing. How often do I need to be checking this thing and charging it up, and to what levels.... Not a word I could find about it in the little book that came with it.
In the app there is a faq section and it says to store it a certain way and discharge and recharge during the time it's not used appropriately

I've noticed that mine self-discharges as well, I find it odd as my drone batteries will hold their charge much longer

I've noticed that mine self-discharges as well, I find it odd as my drone batteries will hold their charge much longer
FYI, you can change the rate/duration of when the Mavic batteries discharge.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair