DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rain flying mavic

Cavaleir1

Reactions
Anyone knows if DJI will make a Mavic that will fly in the rain? Would be nice to fly on rainy days that you can't golf in.

Reactions: Steel63
Welcome to the forum. I doubt very seriously they will. We have a vender that sells a rain suit @Phantomrain.org
Heres one thread but if you will use our search function you will find many. Phantom Rain ! NEW TWILIGHT Wet Suits - For the changing seasons to come -
There is a drone out that will fly in the rain and land in water why but it does not fly as long of far why wouldn't DJI not want to lead in this market if it wants to stay the best. Soon other companies will do so remember the Wright Brothers and look at planes now.

There is a drone out that will fly in the rain and land in water why but it does not fly as long of far why wouldn't DJI not want to lead in this market if it wants to stay the best. Soon other companies will do so remember the Wright Brothers and look at planes now.
What drone is that?
The market is a niche.
Time will tel...

What drone is that?
The market is a niche.
Time will tel...
[/QUOTE)
the company is called Swell Pro ,they make several waterproof drones ,even the RC is supposed to be waterproof as well

I’m pretty sure the rain man will be by soon to tell you about his raincoats.
Surprised Coal has let 9 post get by em without posting.
?

Not totally sure why you would want to fly in the rain for two reasons:

1. you’re going to be drawing moist air into the drone and over the electronics, not sure that’s an idea that will prolong the life of the drone.

2. Photographs are going to be blurry, try driving in a car through a rainstorm without wipers!

Yes you can buy a “wetsuit “ for the drone, it’ll cost you, but bearing in mind the two points above, is it worth it?

Hope you’re enjoying the flying, take care and catch you later. Peter.

Reactions: Ex Coelis
Not totally sure why you would want to fly in the rain for two reasons:

1. you’re going to be drawing moist air into the drone and over the electronics, not sure that’s an idea that will prolong the life of the drone.

2. Photographs are going to be blurry, try driving in a car through a rainstorm without wipers!

Yes you can buy a “wetsuit “ for the drone, it’ll cost you, but bearing in mind the two points above, is it worth it?

Hope you’re enjoying the flying, take care and catch you later. Peter.
I don't want to fly in rain.
But I have these missions that take hours to complete and more that once it has started sprinkling, so it might be nice to have a rain coat for the flight bnack.

I have a wetsuit on my ma2 its awesome the hard part is trying to capture lightning on video still trying to get that perfect shot check out phantom rain wetsuits there amazing greetings from Ormond beach Florida

Reactions: dirkclod
I have a wetsuit on my ma2 its awesome the hard part is trying to capture lightning on video still trying to get that perfect shot check out phantom rain wetsuits there amazing greetings from Ormond beach Florida
Question to everybody if they know, how does a wet suit protect the motors and the air intake to fans and internal electronics?

I have the waterproof Gannet Pro on order. (Since last Nov). Been a difficult year getting it finished with the virus but will have it soon.
It is a Fishing drone, Not a camera drone though a 1080p is available as an add-on. Limited range is not a problem for it’s intended use but won’t compete with DJI which specializes in the camera and distance.

PS; uses DJI Phantom 3S flight control system. WiFi to device (no cables) as remote is also waterproof.

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2 317
Watched some videos so far, saw wet suits, landing on water, flying in rain, but didn't find anything saying how water does not get in motors or air intakes to fan and internal electronics.
May have to watch some more.
If water gets inside you wouldn't know until possibly the AC falls from the sky just as it would if the battery got wet. I can see it would have some protection if suddenly you were caught
in a shower and landed as fast as possible, but not flying in downpours.

Hey, we did a rain test with a Mavic Pro in rain for about 8 hours with .59 inches of rain falling on it. Then we flew the drone no issues except several screws at back of drone began to show rust.

Hey, we did a rain test with a Mavic Pro in rain for about 8 hours with .59 inches of rain falling on it. Then we flew the drone no issues except several screws at back of drone began to show rust.
OK, so rust started showing on the screws right away. So how long before the corrosion begins to show on the inside and takes effect while flying.
I am just curious if any water can get inside the AC through vents, or into the motors. We are flying cameras and computers after all.
I'm not suggesting that the wet suit can't help, I just don't think they should be advertised as a complete safe solution for flying in rain
when there are still unknowns about the effects on the internal parts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121