DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rain stopped play?

For those of our fellow pilots that have been screwed by the bad weather (Storm Dennis) here is an alternative activity.
[emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]But I ain't ever gonna do that with my $1700 Mavic 2 Pro. Would probably try with Mavic Mini.

I would like to point out that I did not make the video but found it on Youtube!

Reactions: BigAl07
Great work. Now honestly, how many practice flights did it take to get it done?

Just read your update LOL.

I really wish this rainy season will pass very soon. I can't wait to fly my drone to my heart's content. It's been very constricting. How about you guys? How have you been doing in your country?

We have bouts of rain but they never last that long. Even in the rainy season it usually only rains in the afternoon which is summer.
To go a week without flying Because of the rain is pretty unusual.
We do get a lot of wind gusting especially where I live I’m between Lake Okeechobee and the Gulf Stream So that produces a lot of thermal exchange.
I had to do a job that was a golf course shoot and those require 10% cloud cover it took about a month to get a day where there was 10% cloud cover and not too much wind. That was like in December.But I had plenty of days during that period where I could fly it was just cloudy.
But normally I can fly at least once a day.

We have bouts of rain but they never last that long. Even in the rainy season it usually only rains in the afternoon which is summer.
To go a week without flying Because of the rain is pretty unusual.
We do get a lot of wind gusting especially where I live I’m between Lake Okeechobee and the Gulf Stream So that produces a lot of thermal exchange.
I had to do a job that was a golf course shoot and those require 10% cloud cover it took about a month to get a day where there was 10% cloud cover and not too much wind. That was like in December.But I had plenty of days during that period where I could fly it was just cloudy.
But normally I can fly at least once a day.
Do you have an Instagram account? I've never heard of earning money from shooting golf courses. Is it commissioned by golf courses? May I know how much you charge?
Btw, I find the name 'Okeechobee' very cute. It's like a catchphrase.

Do you have an Instagram account? I've never heard of earning money from shooting golf courses. Is it commissioned by golf courses? May I know how much you charge?
Btw, I find the name 'Okeechobee' very cute. It's like a catchphrase.
Well I can’t post them because I have an NDA.
I work for a company that the golf course marketing company hires.
I don’t even edit the videos. I just submit the raw footage. Let’s put it this way I have to keep my day job.
Basically I’m just a drone bot. My thinking is I can learn the ropes and then try to go out on my own.
We also do work for insurance companies it’s called a full roof inspection. They document The condition of the roof before writing the policy. I take about half the shots with my iPhone. That’s because the iPhone images have the GPS coordinates in them and that’s a requirement.
now if a hurricane was to hit I’d probably be in the money. Just on screen enclosures if nothing else.
We all have daydreams.

Reactions: PS01
I take about half the shots with my iPhone. That’s because the iPhone images have the GPS coordinates in them and that’s a requirement.
now if a hurricane was to hit I’d probably be in the money. Just on screen enclosures if nothing else.
We all have daydreams.

Why don't your UAS images have the GPS data?

Why don't your UAS images have the GPS data?
Oh of course they do it’s just some of the shots you need to take from the ground like shots of the side of the house The label on the air conditioner and things like that.
You can just hand carry your drone but the iPhone is actually more convenient than that. It’s actually kind of awkward to hold the drone press the button on the controller. And keep the shot lined up
So I can’t use my high end Full frame dslr because no GPS (even though I do have a GPS on my camera).

Oh of course they do it’s just some of the shots you need to take from the ground like shots of the side of the house The label on the air conditioner and things like that.
You can just hand carry your drone but the iPhone is actually more convenient than that. It’s actually kind of awkward to hold the drone press the button on the controller. And keep the shot lined up
So I can’t use my high end Full frame dslr because no GPS (even though I do have a GPS on my camera).
But you stated you use the Iphone because it has GPS coordinates and that's a requirement. Different story than needing "horizontal" imagery. Just trying to make sure people don't mistakenly think the UAS photos aren't GPS stamped.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR