DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rain Water Event Question?

Drone-Retriever

Reactions
The following question was asked on another MavicPilots thread. Since that thread was a different topic we figured it was appropriate to start a new thread to address this question.

“I have a question related to a test that you show on your site.
It is the rain test.
My question: was the drone used in the video flown after the test and if so what effect did the rain have on the drone?”

ANSWER:
After the 24 hour rain test with just under 0.6” of rain no flight issues were seen.

Some background on this answer
  • The drone used in this rain test was an older Mavic Pro with no gimbals/camera and a single battery that belongs to my son.
  • After a close up rain picture was taken, the device was removed for checking and photographing the trigger device.
  • The wet drone was then powered up and flown for approximately 8 min with no issues as the battery was not fully charged for the rain test.
  • That evening the battery was fully charged and the drone has been flying with no performance issues since then.
  • The only negative issue found was that the 4 exposed socket head screws at the back of the drone each had a small spot of rust forming on them.
This drone gets 1-3 hours of operation per week. We will update this thread in the event that any negative issues arise in about a month.

Reactions: M-A-C and Reagan
The following question was asked on another MavicPilots thread. Since that thread was a different topic we figured it was appropriate to start a new thread to address this question.

“I have a question related to a test that you show on your site.
It is the rain test.
My question: was the drone used in the video flown after the test and if so what effect did the rain have on the drone?”

ANSWER:
After the 24 hour rain test with just under 0.6” of rain no flight issues were seen.

Some background on this answer
  • The drone used in this rain test was an older Mavic Pro with no gimbals/camera and a single battery that belongs to my son.
  • After a close up rain picture was taken, the device was removed for checking and photographing the trigger device.
  • The wet drone was then powered up and flown for approximately 8 min with no issues as the battery was not fully charged for the rain test.
  • That evening the battery was fully charged and the drone has been flying with no performance issues since then.
  • The only negative issue found was that the 4 exposed socket head screws at the back of the drone each had a small spot of rust forming on them.
This drone gets 1-3 hours of operation per week. We will update this thread in the event that any negative issues arise in about a month.
You say
. we figured
Who is we ??
Also no mention of what thread you are talking about.Has to
be on a rain suit but your post makes no sense to me.

Sorry for any confusion.
The question was asked on the thread titled "CUSTOM DRONE CASE for < $41.00 USD"
OK change the we to I.
The rain test that was being asked about is this one.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: M-A-C and Reagan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun