DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Random Initial Thoughts

kmaluo

Reactions
Solid build, love the flexible foldable propellers as accidents will be less serious now. Motors are tinier than expected but plenty powerful. Make sure you find all the protective stickers, they're everywhere including top of gimbal and avoidance cameras. Ground sonars have a metal like grill on them, hope grass doesn't poke in and cause problems.
Tilted horizon is slight but there. Controller displays looks a little funky when wearing polarized sunglasses. Hand launching and catching is easy, just avoid the two sonics or it will raise away from your hand. Most phone cases won't fit, it's really tight. Controller is really solid and feels great although you strain your neck a little looking at your phone under it for long periods. Gotta figure how to remove sticks, they don't rotate or pull out easy. Sport mode rips and is a blast, the Goggles will be fun. The gamble clamp is tricky to reattach, and don't forget to remove it at first like I did when excitedly updating firmware. It will only fly 20mph and react slowly even with beginner mode off until you activate advanced flight modes. Overall great buy and looking forward to more flights. Enjoy guys!

Thanks.. cheers

One thing I forgot was there seems to be a fan in the Mavic. It came on when updating the firmware and I heard it after flight. Heat problems will be less of an issue but I worry about the fan breaking and random stuff getting into the vent hole. Hopefully it's a non issue.

My phone battery has stayed at the same percentage throughout my flights. No need to worry about a low phone battery!

Reactions: Mal

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61