DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Random No Image Transmission While Flying

TheEmfinger

Reactions
I ventured out and tried a new flying place this weekend. First battery flew fine. About 30% into the second battery I was maybe 1600ft away and look away from my phone and back down and it was just a black screen with "No Image Transmission". I panicked and hit the return to home button hoping that it would come back and I would get signal eventually. After I stood there stressing for a bit, the Air landed. I never received image transmission back even when the dronebwas in my hand. I was on 5.8GHz custom and had plenty of signal until it disappeared. I didn't want to turn anything off or reset anything inflight because I was already worried. Happy to say RTH worked well.

I had to completely reset all pieces to get the video signal back. I drove somewhere else to test and it flew fine with live video. Was this just a one off? All pieces were up to date streaming to an iPhone X. Is there anything I need to check to keep this from happing again? Flightlog on the DJI app ends at the disconnection. I'll have to check the logs on the drone later and see if shows anything useful.

Anyone experienced something similar? I think I would prefer if this didn't happen while flying.

I am starting to see these no image transmission disconnects more frequently on the forum when it concerns the Mavic Air. Does 2 or 3 reported cases make this an epidemic of issues? No. Is it cause for concern with the latest firmware (assuming you are on the latest) . Perhaps.

Yea I googled for a bit but I didn't really determine anything. A lot were more serious issues that it had no image the whole time or from the start. And if they had something similar, it was older or didn't have an answer. I'm just trying to prevent this problem from worrying me each time I'm out to fly. I'm not sure when the last update was. I did all the updates when I opened the drone at christmas and nothing since then. Other than that issue it has been fine.

This problem might have been fixed with an app restart while flying but I was just concerned with getting it back at that point. If this happens again I might try that out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000