DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range extenders

americandronecompany

Reactions
Hello
Are there any good range extenders for Mavic 3.

Not referring to Alientech's extender but those ones which goes on the existing standard controller antenna.
Saw one brand called Yagi on Amazon.
Is it a good one or is there something similar such provides decent range extension.

Thanks in advance

Hello
Are there any good range extenders for Mavic 3.

Not referring to Alientech's extender but those ones which goes on the existing standard controller antenna.
Saw one brand called Yagi on Amazon.
Is it a good one or is there something similar such provides decent range extension.

Thanks in advance
9 miles isn't good enough for you????

9 miles isn't good enough for you????
9 miles is plenty. My concern is around the quality of signal strength.
For example if I do fly the M3 say 6-7 miles and the connection is weak, that is a potential safety issue.

So if there is a range extender which was maintain solid strength all the way (to max limit), that's good.

I am not planning to more than 9 miles..heck..I might not even go a mile TBH.

Maybe I am asking this question because I had terrible connection experience with my M2Zoom and the Smart controller. It would lose connection frequently at 3/4 mile.
My M3 arrives this week, so just preparing/ buying all the accessories et al.

For example if I do fly the M3 say 6-7 miles and the connection is weak, that is a potential safety issue.

So if there is a range extender which was maintain solid strength all the way (to max limit), that's good.

Maybe I am asking this question because I had terrible connection experience with my M2Zoom and the Smart controller. It would lose connection frequently at 3/4 mile.
If signal strength is an issue, you'll want to invest in the the RC-Pro instead of the RC-N1. It has four times the power output of the RC-N1. The SC is notorious for far worse signal strength than stock M2Z controller. Not so with the RC-Pro and the M3. It is far better. Don't expect the RC-N1 to have anything other than a weak signal at 6-7 miles. No passive signal concentrator will overcome that. The RC-Pro was specifically designed for your purposes.

I'm thinking being 6-7 miles away from homepoint is more of a "safety issue" then a weak connection.

Yagi isn't a brand but a type of antenna it is very directional if you use one you want to be sure your aiming the antenna in the correct direction if not your range will be reduced not inreased. It's the reason some people say they work (the people using them correctly) and some peope say they dont (the people who don't understand the physics behind them)

Reactions: DoomMeister
I'm thinking being 6-7 miles away from homepoint is more of a "safety issue" then a weak connection.
I won’t be going nowhere that far. My initial question was based on my experience with the smart controller and my old Mavic.

@GadgetGuy ’s response helped to answer my concerns.
I should just save up for the new RC Pro controller.

Thanks everyone.

Reactions: PAW and GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada