DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range on Mavic Mini

ngoodson

Reactions
Hi all, I can seem to fly to about 1.25 miles with my Mavic Mini, although it's supposed to have a range of about 2.5 miles. I have full view of the drone when reaching this distance then the connection is lost. Any thoughts? Thanks.

What I mean is there's nothing between it and me. It is across a valley. :)
my dear fellow i dont wish to appear rude, but i find it hard to believe that you can see a Mavic Mini at 1.25 miles or should i say 6600 ft away

my dear fellow i dont wish to appear rude, but i find it hard to believe that you can see a Mavic Mini at 1.25 miles or should i say 6600 ft away
That's perfectly ok old man mavic. I just explained, it was incorrect phrasing. I can't physically see the drone, what I mean is that there are no obstacles between me and it when I lose connection at that range. I would just like to know if this is a common issue. Thanks.

The point old man mavic is making is if you can’t see it you shouldn't be flying it.
If you are a normal human not a cyborg like me you can’t see it at 6600 ft ;)
Fair enough, was just trying to test its limitations. I was flying it across open fields to a memorial building on the South Downs, didn't think it would be too much of a problem.

Fair enough, was just trying to test its limitations. I was flying it across open fields to a memorial building on the South Downs, didn't think it would be too much of a problem.
Drone police spend there time looking for offenders to caution, that mention flying beyond there back yard LOS
Don't matter if it's over a remote desert in the middle of nowhere,you will still get a snack on the wrist.
Don't matter if it's a M2P or a Tello ?

Drone police spend there time looking for offenders to caution, that mention flying beyond there back yard LOS
Don't matter if it's over a remote desert in the middle of nowhere,you will still get a snack on the wrist.
Don't matter if it's a M2P or a Tello ?
Yeah, gotcha. :)

Mine only goes about 1/2 mile. Pretty sure it's due to the trees and terrain for me though.

I'm a bit confused about the "able to see" limitation - doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a drone? I have a long private road, a long dedicated electrical feed, and over 10 acres of woods. I got a drone so I could scout my property without having to physically trek out there all the time. Based on that rule, I might as well get rid of it.

I've gotten mine out three miles. I have to use the parabolic antenna range extender things. They work great on the mini. They are very directional though, you must point them pretty straight on towards the mini.
3 miles, incredible. Where did you get the parabolic range extender? Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest