DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range question of the MPP

macoman

Reactions
Does anyone feel like that MPP range is not as good as before? I am on the river, maybe 500 to 800 feet and you see the remote control icon blinking like it is almost out of range. It is very weird, because it's basically an open field with not obstacle in the middle.

Does anyone feel like that MPP range is not as good as before? I am on the river, maybe 500 to 800 feet and you see the remote control icon blinking like it is almost out of range. It is very weird, because it's basically an open field with not obstacle in the middle.
Before what? If you're getting 800' then something is wrong. Even through forest canopy you should be seeing more than that.

Reactions: macoman
Antennas fully extended and at right angles to drone - I can get 5km out in the boonies and I can go further - something isn’t right - i get a little less range once the deciduous tree leaves are out - wonder if there’s is much interference around - go try in a wide open space somewhere else.

sounds like you are getting strong signal interference between the controller and your mav or some thing is blocking the signal some how very unusual ocusync is normally very good

You shouldn't need parabolic reflectors at that range--but I bought a set of the "Threeking" and they REALLY add the distance. About 1/3 more.

Does WiFi affect the mavic pro in a downtown as big as Philadelphia?

Does WiFi affect the mavic pro in a downtown as big as Philadelphia?
It sounds like you have an antenna issue. I'm guessing a short in the tiny coax antenna cable that is inside the remote. It goes from the antenna to the transmitter

Real world range on my MPP in which video feed is usable is typically around the 2 mile range. I've had mine for 1.5 years now and completed over 250 flights. A range issue at 800' is an indicator of inference or a hardware issue. Range shouldn't degrade over time.

Reactions: macoman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato