DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range Test vs. VLOS

JC_Wang

Reactions
I saw some YouTubers preferred to do the range test when they got a new model of aircraft in order to increase the hit rates and get longer watching time on YouTube for getting paycheck from Google in the US. Do you think they are legal to do that under the VLOS regulation?

of course that's not legal. Neither is flying about anywhere, as most cities I know prohibit flying RC aircraft in areas outside the designated "RC airports".
Its one of those things where its not really enforced until there is some issue. I get it. We used to fly rc gliders 100 mph on a cliff where they eventually built houses.
I live in suburbs though, not farm areas so maybe places with big lots of private land don't have the rc ordinances we do in So Cal.

Reactions: JC_Wang
of course that's not legal. Neither is flying about anywhere, as most cities I know prohibit flying RC aircraft in areas outside the designated "RC airports".
Its one of those things where its not really enforced until there is some issue. I get it. We used to fly rc gliders 100 mph on a cliff where they eventually built houses.
I live in suburbs though, not farm areas so maybe places with big lots of private land don't have the rc ordinances we do in So Cal.

Agreed.

Reactions: mereflyer
Please refer to the thread which is already discussing this topic... Range tests and the law...

Also ther eis no need to post the same question in separate sections. One post is all that is needed. If you cross-post it just makes more items for the rest of us to read through. Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder