DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range white goggles and M2P

mariachi76

Reactions
Hello,
I have a M2P bought in October 2018, and about a year ago tried a black RE goggle with it. Had very short range only (image turned b/w after 300-400m). I sold it due to the known problems and bought a white goggles instead.
But frankly spoken, the range isn't much better. Maybe I can fly 600-800m, but nowhere as far as I can fly without the googles, just the standard rc. With the standard rc I can easily fly 4km.

M2P and goggles have the latest firmware installed. I am in direct line of sight (starting place is my terrace about 10m above ground.
Is there any way to increase the range of the goggles? Would the DJI smart controller increase the range?

thanks
mariachi76

My re goggles had the short distance issue, i sent them back for repair and have since flown 6,000 meter with them.
while away getting repaired by DJI, I bought the white goggles 2nd hand,they worked fine over long distances.
Im surprised you had the same issue with the white goggles,as on the evidence of my re goggles fixing the problem after being repaired ,I have always assumed the problem is not the remote or drone.
I do use a smart controller,but had the same results with the standard remote.
Is it the Ce version,or FCC your flying ?
I have the Ce version with the NLD FCC patch on my M2Z.

Hello,
How do I find out if it is the CR or FCC version?
I bought the drone directly from the DJI Webseite in China (I live in China currently).
Best regards
Mariachi76

I have noticed that when I stand too close to my house when I fly I get a reduced range. If I move 100ft (30m) away it dramatically improves. I assume this is interference from my home WiFi.

Hello,
How do I find out if it is the CR or FCC version?
I bought the drone directly from the DJI Webseite in China (I live in China currently).
Best regards
Mariachi76
Look at back of your remote,mine is CE.
Should not make any difference which you have regarding goggles poor range.
Lots of threads on here about the goggles issue,but as I said I sent mine back as others have (to Shenzhen) and the range improved dramatically after they fixed them.

Look at back of your remote,mine is CE.
Should not make any difference which you have regarding goggles poor range.
Lots of threads on here about the goggles issue,but as I said I sent mine back as others have (to Shenzhen) and the range improved dramatically after they fixed them.

Hmm, on the backside of my remote are only chinese letters (bought it in China). Neither of them is CE or FCC, and there is also no CE or FCC symbol there.
Any other way to find out?
But would that make a difference in range?

best regards
mariachi76

Hmm, on the backside of my remote are only chinese letters (bought it in China). Neither of them is CE or FCC, and there is also no CE or FCC symbol there.
Any other way to find out?
But would that make a difference in range?

best regards
mariachi76
Seems China has a SRRC version that is closer to FCC power level than Ce version (post a pic)
Regardless whether it’s FCC or Ce won’t make any difference to the goggles having a short range,I suspect like many other posters,you bought a faulty RE pair, but I am surprised the white ones also have a range issue,as not many short range reports on them
Without knowing if your achieving 4km in the countryside, or around WiFi interference ,it’s hard to say which you have,without a photo.
Possible to test the goggles with a different drone ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada