DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range

maigesheng

Reactions
okay so, it's supposed to have a range of 4 miles in either direction. 8 mile radius, I am told. (Circle around home.)

So, I experiemenred this while flying around an extremely rural area. Only thing inbetween me and the bird were a few trees.

1500' before I got wireless interference and the video screen started glitching.

Thoughts?

A few trees will do it, depending on the altitude of the bird. Higher altitude will probably mean fewer obstructions between the Mavic and the controller.

I regularly get to 3,600 feet or so in my neighborhood with lots of houses and trees around. That's with the Mavic at 400 feet.

Possibly your antennas are not pointing correctly and or you may be standing next to metallic objects such as your vehicle which could cause interference and signal loss.

The drone does not have an 8 mile radius. It's range is UP TO 7km of unobstructed communication.

And even that will be 'in laboratory conditions' :rolleyes:

Like a car that advertises 60mpg. No one will ever get that in the real world :)
I've gone 5.2 km before my battery levels were too low to move forward. I still had 4 bars in my video transmission quality.

I guess you were running zero wind mate, that's not something that ever happens here in the UK lol :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000