DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC and drone won’t connect

Dmascot

Reactions
DJI Fly says my Phone and RC are connected but I can’t get it to go into the main Fly page. Seems like the air 2 and the RC won’t connect. There is a message about pairing but it says to press the button on the bottom ofThe drone for 4 seconds to go into pair mode. There is no button on the bottom of the drone. The app is showing a picture of the Air so it knows that’s what I’m using, not my Mini.

Do you see an SD card slot or USB slot on Air 2? Anything covered under a flap, on the side, at the bottom? Inside should be small button, you have to CAREFULLY press it with something when it asks you to do it (screwdriver, paper clip...). I'm sorry, I don't have Air 2, just guessing.

I did have to pair the remote to the drone. I was reluctant to attempt it because DJI Fly was saying to press the button on the bottom of the drone for four seconds to put it into pair mode. There is no button on the bottom of the drone. I pressed the power button on the top of the drone and it went into pair mode. It paired up and ran a firmware upgrade so now all is well. Heading out to try flying this beast. ?

DJI Fly says my Phone and RC are connected but I can’t get it to go into the main Fly page. Seems like the air 2 and the RC won’t connect. There is a message about pairing but it says to press the button on the bottom ofThe drone for 4 seconds to go into pair mode. There is no button on the bottom of the drone. The app is showing a picture of the Air so it knows that’s what I’m using, not my Mini.

From page 35 in the Mavic Air 2 Manual.

1. Power on the aircraft and the remote control.
2. Launch DJI Fly app.
3. In the camera view select ... and select Control and Connect to aircraft.
4. Press and hold the power button of the aircraft for more than 4 seconds. The aircraft beeps once indicating that it is ready to link. The aircraft beeps twice indicating linking is successful. The battery level LEDs of the remote controller will glow solid.

Did you have any luck getting past that? I just got mine and I've tried multiple times, but I still get the message remote controller not connected

Can someone please help?
That error message is typically caused by a faulty cord, faulty connector, or improperly seated connector due to a mobile device’s protective case.

Update. Got the proper cord and now my connection is working.
Glad you got connected. I was not connecting initially, using the included Lightning cable. I determined it was my iPhone 8+ case, so I pushed it in a little firmer and got connected.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag