DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Cables

Odde

Reactions
Hi everyone! I want to connect a tablet from a tablet holder and I need a slighter longer RC cable than the one provided... I bought a couple of third party DJI compatible cables on amazon but none of the two works...
Is anybody using other RC cables than those in the box? TIA

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
Hi everyone! I want to connect a tablet from a tablet holder and I need a slighter longer RC cable than the one provided... I bought a couple of third party DJI compatible cables on amazon but none of the two works...
Is anybody using other RC cables than those in the box?
what sot of device are you using android or ios a company called Thors Drone World do very good cables if you go on their web site they can advise you

Thank you! I use Android
they stock many different cables i have them for both my drones they seem to work well

Reactions: Odde
Is anybody using other RC cables than those in the box? TIA

I had the same experience. I’ve bought two cables from Amazon. One of them worked once but the tablet doesn’t see the controller. I’ve even done the Developer mode thing and USB, but nothing. I don’t know why the cable didn’t work, then it did work the next day, and now it doesn’t work. I would like to use my Samsung tablet rather than my iPad Mini, but I need a good cable.

Regardless of where you buy it, get a short cable with a right angle connector for the tablet.

The MM controller does not use the large connector. It’s micro to micro.
Right, that's why I bought the OTG adapter.
It provides the large A socket like the other remotes, all from the micro socket. Then you can use USB cables you already have, perhaps from your other Mavics.
If the cable is not wired correctly, the micro port will be in B mode. It needs to be in A mode which is accomplished by grounding the sense/id pin 4.

I had the same experience. I’ve bought two cables from Amazon. One of them worked once but the tablet doesn’t see the controller. I’ve even done the Developer mode thing and USB, but nothing. I don’t know why the cable didn’t work, then it did work the next day, and now it doesn’t work. I would like to use my Samsung tablet rather than my iPad Mini, but I need a good cable.
Some cables have data capabilities, some only support power. You need to read the copy closely to ensure the cables you buy are data - capable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143