DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC connection ideas?

Marfoto

Reactions
Anyone tried to find solution for tough operational situations like under tree line going down the canyons? I'm gona try with Viking RC RC sistem but maybe someone have solution for this all ready... maybe some analog connectivity is possible? 20200229_133523.jpg

Reactions: Dronage
unfortunately trees absorb the signal and you will also have the possibility of loss of sat lock if you are down in a canyon not the best places to fly in

Thanks. Maybe sometimes in future DJI or someone else invent something like wifi extender like we have for our homes.... I'm even thinking about some kinda helium balloon connected with coaxial cable to my remote controls. Amplify of course. Funny but possible. It's for work so anything is possible atm. I mean it's not steep canyon and i have satellites there. I just want to be in my car instead on the river.

Reactions: Ritteng
WiFi boosting cannot change the reality of radio signals. They do not penetrate and go through trees, houses, canyon walls etc.

Yep. I know but if your RC is connected directly to some high position antennas you're safe. Only amplification is needed for not losing strength inside that cable. From that kinda antennas you have clear line of sight to your drone. Tough to visualize exact operational situations....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S