DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC connects - Telemetry works, but no Video signal

Frankfurter

Reactions
Hi there,
I´m using an iPhone 11 (all updates made), DJI GO 4 (all updates made) together with my Mavic Pro and its controller (all Firmware updated). Since last week, it sometime happens that, when I turn on the equipment, there is no Videofeed but all the telemetry data is shown on the screen. Restarting the App helps sometimes, sometimes it doesn't. Disconnecting the RC from the AC helps sometimes, sometimes it doesn't. Turning off and on the AC doesn't make a difference.

Today, during a short test-flight in my garden (both max. distance and altitude approx. 20 ft.) , the video feed stopped mid-flight (black screen), telemetry data was still available, and the AC remained controllable.

Is there anyone who has an idea for a solution?

Try a new usb cable, and plug it in the bottom RC socket. (not the side one)
When you do this, make sure that you completely remove the DJI side connector cable, because if that is still plugged into the 'micro-USB A' port on the side of the controller, it will stop the connection working through the lower USB2.0 port. Also - be careful using the side 'micro-USB A' port to charge the controller because you'll probably have a 'micro-USB B' type plug to push into that socket. It works OK - but only one-way-round! If you get it backwards, it breaks the connector tongue in the middle of the micro-A socket!
(The side cable connections are a common problem ...)

Reactions: Thomas B and Simmo
Wow, that's what I call a quick reaction! Thank you for the hints, hope it works. I'll try it asap and give you a feedback.

But even it works, what may be the reason for the sudden failure of the other connection? I always take care of the equipment, avoid moisture and dust etc. I even interchanged the connector cable with the RC of my Mavic Air (it works there 100 % reliable) and still have the same issue ...

Wow, that's what I call a quick reaction! Thank you for the hints, hope it works. I'll try it asap and give you a feedback.

But even it works, what may be the reason for the sudden failure of the other connection? I always take care of the equipment, avoid moisture and dust etc. I even interchanged the connector cable with the RC of my Mavic Air (it works there 100 % reliable) and still have the same issue ...
It's just one of those things ... When Forum members have reported this kind of problem and used an alternate cable, it has come right 9 out of 10 times ...

If all else fails, offload some apps and give your iPhone a little more breathing room. Good luck

Reactions: Thomas B
Good morning everybody,

after a few days of not having a chance to fly, I changed the cable. No positive effect:rolleyes:
Although I always keep the drone in VLOS I, beeing able to bring it home without video-signal, I feel extremely uncomfortable.
Does somebody have a good idea how to get rid of this issue?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent